Flickr BBCode Going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flickr BBCode Going?

Logged into my Flickr account there and I got a sneak peak at the new gallery viewing system, promptly before I then switched another picture and it disappeared.

I noticed that they had swapped out BBCode for iFrame sharing. I wonder what impact that's going to have on sharing on the forum.

I guess it's the nature of the beast when using a free service.

Paul
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Re: Flickr BBCode Going?

Don't understand any of that
    Garry Macdonald on Flickr
    Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
      Don't understand any of that
      Lol sorry

iFrame is the new way of inserting content from website into a window on another site. Youtube now use it and replaced the 'Embedded' code for iFrame. 500px now use iFrame so it was a natural progression. Forums I think need to allow iFrame integration and I don't know just yet, but that could have security implications down the line because you can out loads of things in an iFrame.
      Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
      www.campsie.photography

Comment

I wonder if this could this be why my photos and apparently Digimans' appear to us to disappear when posted, i.e. post 4 - I see 2, you see 4; I edit to put back the "missing" 2, save - maybe I see the 2 new ones, or maybe only see 3, you still see 4 etc etc
        Getting very frustrated
        Andy

Comment

Paul, was the "lost" BBCode on the new format gallery, or is it still missing when you switch back to the old format?

When I switched to the new layout, the BBCode option disappeared (though someone on here did find a way of cutting/pasting it from somewhere or other), but it returned when I reverted to the older layout.
          Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

I had success posting images using the new format if you click on the box with and arrow coming out of it then click the symbol that looks like a pin choose the size then copy the text and then paste that into your post on here it loads the image (at least it did for me)

Untitled2.jpg

One thing I noted was it doesn't give you the flickr details below the image like it used to, however when you click the picture it takes you to the flickr site to view it
            1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
            Facebook
            www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Test using the above method

1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
              Facebook
              www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
                Lol sorry

iFrame is the new way of inserting content from website into a window on another site. Youtube now use it and replaced the 'Embedded' code for iFrame. 500px now use iFrame so it was a natural progression. Forums I think need to allow iFrame integration and I don't know just yet, but that could have security implications down the line because you can out loads of things in an iFrame.
                Cheers for that Paul
                Garry Macdonald on Flickr
                Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

I did'nt understand it neither ... and I still dont.
                  [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Was experimenting with this the other day the process described by Paul worked fine.
                    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Cool at least we can still have a way of posting. It seems to be switching for some automatically.
                      Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                      www.campsie.photography

Comment

Was trying to use last night and Flickr died altogether.

Later I uploaded some images and when I tried to share some I got message that I'd have to make the image pubic before I could share. Strange part of this was it was only for some images and I uploaded all at the same time and settings seemed the same.

Also got the dreaded 503 so gave up for the evening.
                        Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS

Comment

Originally posted by antoeknee View Post
                          Was trying to use last night and Flickr died altogether.

Later I uploaded some images and when I tried to share some I got message that I'd have to make the image pubic before I could share. Strange part of this was it was only for some images and I uploaded all at the same time and settings seemed the same.

Also got the dreaded 503 so gave up for the evening.
                          Hi there,

I too received the same message about making my pictures public. If you look you'll see the padlock that says the images are restricted, but if you try and edit this in the permissions area you'll be told that the images are already public. I think this is another infuriating part of the beta programme that flickr are running. They do seem to be taking a long time to get this finalised, and it seems to keep creating more problems than it solves.

Comment

Obviously big problems with Flickr site last night. Started with difficulty in uploading images, then site disappeared altogether (DNS error).

Then reappeared with splash page saying there was a problem that they were trying to resolve.

Reappeared and seemed to be working OK, then I couldn't add an image to a thread, 503 error. Got fed up and gave up.

Comment

Working...
                            X