What did you get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What did you get?

Monopod plus carry bag, TriggerTrap which allows my iPhone to operate the shutter release of the 7D, telephoto lens for the iPhone, nice healthy Amazon voucher part of which will be used for a lens hood for my new 40mm f/2.8
    Oh yeah and a big box of Cider from Able & Cole, miniature Dinosaur, plus the obligatory socks and a tie.
    All in all I am a happy boy.....
    David

Comment

I to got the L series coffee cup ,pants socks and aftershave ,beard/nose hair trimmer and two canon handbooks from the kids

Comment

What did you get?

I was out when the Chubby Chap with the red coat called. On a 450 mile round trip to Edinburgh Airport to collect my Niece from the USA. But....he did leave me a box of original Midget Gems 😘
        Up and on the road at 04:00 but she's worth it, mind you it seem her trip rekindled a taste for midget gems!
        Still I'm now the proud owner of a pair of New York Taxi socks 😃
        Last edited by ST-EOS; 26-12-2013, 09:15.
        Peter

Feel free to browse my
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

I didn't get what I wanted - she only gave me presents ;-(
          Sometimes I drink water. I like to give my liver an occasional surprise!

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
            I got lots of hugs, snuggles & kisses from the grand children. What more can one ask for?

Tom
            Very good Tom, think you hit the nail on the head there.
            I had good times with my wife and daughter and saw my nephews and niece. Some great family memories.
            Andy

Comment

Apart from non-photographic things like, after-shave, and a bottle of Malt Whiskey, etc , etc, I got some very useful photographic accessories.

A Yongnuo YN622c Wireless Flash Trigger, which now with the two I already had, means that I can control both 430EX ll Speedlites off-camera.

A 77mm Hoya Pro1 Digital UV filter, and an 8GB Sandisk Extreme (60MB/s) CF Card.

All-in-all, a very enjoyable Christmas, spent with the family, and especially the Grandchildren

Dave
              Dave

Comment

As expected, and as recommended on here, Syl Arena's Speediter's Handbook. But unexpectedly, a rather lovely collection of images from the British Wildlife Photography Awards. And another contribution towards the 24-105 f4L fund. *Rubs hands in anticipation*
                Canon EOS 7D
                EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
                  another contribution towards the 24-105 f4L fund. *Rubs hands in anticipation*
                  Nice one Alex .. thats a great lens to get ...
                  [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by wayne2418 View Post
                    Nice one Alex .. thats a great lens to get ...
                    You can buy mine if you like. It comes with a special new adapter ring on the top, which if you remove it, reveals a shiny vessel for holding tea :)
                    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

I dont think thats what he's got in mind ..

Drink up ..
                      [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by Riggers View Post
                        You can buy mine if you like. It comes with a special new adapter ring on the top, which if you remove it, reveals a shiny vessel for holding tea :)
                        Originally posted by wayne2418 View Post
                        I dont think thats what he's got in mind ..
                        Actually, if Canon did develop a multipurpose lens/thermos combo I'd be interested. Combining two of my favourite activities: taking photos and drinking tea.
                        Canon EOS 7D
                        EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                        Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                        flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Santa brought me a Canoscan 9000Mk 2, and the Syl Arena book! Pretty chuffed...

R
                          Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Hmmm, that scanner could be just the ticket as it scans 120 film.

I have dozens of files of 120 film and transparencies that I really need to think about scanning into digital. Let me know how it performs.
                            Colin

Comment

I now have a second 430EXII and little more idea how to use it than when I had one. Beginning the research which so far has resulted in me knowing less than I thought I did!
                              Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
                                Actually, if Canon did develop a multipurpose lens/thermos combo I'd be interested. Combining two of my favourite activities: taking photos and drinking tea.
                                That’s a brilliant idea. You could also keep your hands warm on a cold day.

Comment

Working...
                                X