Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heading to Sochi? Here's what you might need to take.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff Cable is a Bay Area photographer who has travelled the globe taking pictures, including coverage of the last three Olympic Games in Beijing, Vancouver, and London. Cable is about to head to Sochi to cover the 2014 Winter Olympics, where he'll be blogging about his experience. To kick things off, Jeff published a…

By that's a kit list and a half, I'm struggling to meet the carry on bag allowance for a trip to New Zealand. I guess he must pay excess baggage to carry that lot on board. Thanks for sharing this.
    Last edited by ST-EOS; 03-02-2014, 21:37.
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Re: Heading to Sochi? Here's what you might need to take.....

I do wonder, from reading that article, exactly how much of that stuff he actually "needs." Because I have a feeling that if push came to shove, he could manage perfectly well at all of the events with just one 1DX and the 200-400 + 1.4 converter combo that he seems to regard as his staple, by its numerous mentions.
      Considering he states Canon attend the events and loan out lenses, he could probably get by with just taking a single 1DX in his manbag. Can't help thinking the word "overkill."

I wonder if he got the shot of the Austrian doubles Luge team's near-fatal today?
      Last edited by NickM; 12-02-2014, 22:05.
      I'm the first to rush to help people, yet it's not okay to respond to a misinformed remark. You don't deserve my custom, patronage or help, so taking it elsewhere.

Comment

I'd hate to see his summer holiday packing.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
          I'd hate to see his summer holiday packing.
          Same as he took to Sochi - just add beachwear.
          I'm the first to rush to help people, yet it's not okay to respond to a misinformed remark. You don't deserve my custom, patronage or help, so taking it elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
          X