Advice needed on software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice needed on software

I'm another that has never really got on with the Canon DPP (on your installation disc) but I have been known to go back to it when experimenting with an image.

Other than that. You could look at Infraview. Its not a massive programme, but does let you down load little extra's that work with it. Or if you like the look of Photoshop, but looking to save money to spend it on something to go with your camera, you could look at GNU Image Processing. Free to download, and if you look in the scripts file on its web page, lots of extra (do it with one or two click) tweak to down load. Help video's and how too's can be found on Youtube just like they can for Photoshop etc...
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

Infraview? Do you mean the Picture viewer Irfanview?

Of the free Photo Editors I think Pixbuilder Studio is the best, but there isn't much help out there with learning to use it, hence I'd say Elements is worth the money if you need that functionality.

WnSoft PixBuilder Studio is a free photo editing software program for PC. It includes layers, levels, color correction, effects, and other features for image editing.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJon View Post
        Infraview? Do you mean the Picture viewer Irfanview?
        Yes. You can down load Adobe 8BF filters (Smart curves) to work with it and also it has its own little plugin's (Altalux) that work with it. I agree its not perfect. But I like it for quick edits and crops.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Many thanks to everyone for your helpful and informative replies. I now feel encouraged to take the plunge and start to post an image or two. So far, I have created a Flickr account. As time and domestic duties allow I will upload some photos and then risk a post on the forum. I have read the thread on how to post images and it seems pretty straightforward.
          My first posts will be of images unaltered from when I took them. I have DPP but have yet to take the plunge and use it. Where to start? seems a good question.
          Most of my images will be in the landscape category and very likely to be of Swaledale, one of my favorite places.
          Once again, thanks to all and watch this space, or rather the landscape section.

Comment

[QUOTE
            My first posts will be of images unaltered from when I took them. I have DPP but have yet to take the plunge and use it. Where to start? seems a good question.
            Most of my images will be in the landscape category and very likely to be of Swaledale, one of my favorite places.
            Once again, thanks to all and watch this space, or rather the landscape section.[/QUOTE]

I look forward to see your images Tyke, Swaledale is one of my favourite places too
            Peter

Feel free to browse my
            Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Not remembering what it looked like I did a Google Image Search for "Tyke, Swaledale", most of the top hits were photos of a child... language huh!

Comment

Working...
              X