Price drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price drop

I note that the UK price of the Canon 400mm f/5.6 USM L prime, has dropped from £1123 to £989:

Albeit £861 from Panamaoz.

I wonder if there are plans to discontinue this lens, and re-release it as an IS version. Albeit at a significant price hike.

Dave
    Dave

Re: Price drop

If that's the case then I sold mine at the right time. I notice too that Flashcamera.co.uk owner has a message on the site claiming to have closed the site indefinitely. Another great reseller gone.
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Comment

I have had an email from Calumet advertising a whole load of lens price drops - even the 400mm 2.8 and the 200-400 1.4ext!

David

Comment

Originally posted by CountDavid View Post
        I have had an email from Calumet advertising a whole load of lens price drops - even the 400mm 2.8 and the 200-400 1.4ext!
        Hmm, Wex had the 200-400 at that price earlier this week. I thought it was just a drop post the usually high release price. I wonder if that's got some other driver now?
        EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMulhearn View Post
          I wonder if that's got some other driver now?
          Canon were pretty quick on upping prices when currency went against them - perhaps the reverse is happening?
          Any currency experts out there?
          David

Comment

Canon Europe have lowered their prices to shops/dealers so they can compete with grey imports from HK etc. So the difference between a 200-400 is now relatively small if you compare the UK prices with the HK price. Regards John

Comment

Originally posted by mistral105 View Post
              Canon Europe have lowered their prices to shops/dealers so they can compete with grey imports from HK etc. So the difference between a 200-400 is now relatively small if you compare the UK prices with the HK price. Regards John
              Interesting
              EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

I should have said the price drops are on lenses not bodies - regards John

Comment

Originally posted by mistral105 View Post
                  Canon Europe have lowered their prices to shops/dealers so they can compete with grey imports from HK etc.
                  Long overdue IMO.

A bit like how Aldi and Lidl have forced the major UK supermarkets to do.

Dave
                  Dave

Comment

Park Cameras have the same, and have done for weeks! I bought my 400 f5.6 L there a few weeks ago at that price.

I thought it was common knowledge!

Mike
                    flickr
                    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Working...
                    X