7D mark 2 price UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 7D mark 2 price UK

Canon know that there's folk salivating at the mouth waiting for the 7D replacement. They'd pay £2000 if they could get it tomorrow. I'm just envious of that. I admire their courage though. New AF system, new metering system and a few other new things. It could either be amazing or another 1DIII when it arrived.
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Comment

US and Canada, the retail price of anything is always PLUS tax. B & H price is $1799 plus NYC tax 8% $1943 =£1214 GBP using $1.60 US exchange rate.
      Canada-Henry's $1899 plus HST-Nova Scotia 15% $2184 = £1213 GBP- exchange rate $1.80 CAD.
      Park Camera UK say it's Canon who fix the retail price not them, hope this helps.
      Graham
      Canon 100D, 18-135 IS STM, 50 1.8 STM, 220EX Flash.

Comment

I wonder how much difference the size of the market in the USA makes a difference to the price they can charge. After all, you could fit the UK into the state of Texas 3 times over.
        John

70D, 30D, G1X Mk II, G12, EF-S 15-85, EF-S 18-55 STM, EF 40 STM, EF 50 II f 1.8, Sigma 10-20 f 4-5.6, Sigma 150-500 f 5-6.3, Sigma 1.4 EX DG Teleconverter, Tamron 90 f 2.8, Tamron 70-300 VC, Speedlite 270EX, 270EX MkII, 430EX III-RT, 550EX, 580EX, 600EX-RT and numerous bits and pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by jk224 View Post
          I wonder how much difference the size of the market in the USA makes a difference to the price they can charge. After all, you could fit the UK into the state of Texas 3 times over.
          Another example, same stores, sales tax and exchange rates.
          5D MK 3, B & H £2160. Henry's £2044, Park £2300. On the 7D MK 2 a £400 difference, the 5D far less !! So what does that tell us ?????
          Graham

Comment

Working for a large multinational company who sells product in many countries I know there are various issues affecting local pricing.
            Its worth remembering the products is generally sold by the local company who have bought it from their parent company.

Firstly, the product will be made/sold from a one country and the various exchange rates will define some local pricing. Companies can take a view and/or risk on exchange rates. This mans the price paid by one country may vary to that a different country pays for its product.
            Then as has been said the volume may play a part, a country with a higher volume potential may get higher discounts on the prices they can buy the product for.
            Each country will need to make certain margins to cover operating costs such as support, marketing etc.
            There may also be import and shipping costs the country has to pay to bring its stock in, this can also have an effect.

I am not saying this excuses all pricing issues, but its easy to look at one countries prices and think you are getting a raw deal in comparison, you need to understand the business differences and local costs of those countries too.
            Andy

Comment

as i have said ,i'm in no rush i already have 10fps ,so i'll wait for h-dew to get them .the way they are treating my lad over his duff 100-400 lens leaves me with nothing but praise for them ,the full story will follow once he either gets it back or replaced ,but i will say there warranty is 100% genuine with no quibble either

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                Working for a large multinational company who sells product in many countries I know there are various issues affecting local pricing.
                Its worth remembering the products is generally sold by the local company who have bought it from their parent company.

Firstly, the product will be made/sold from a one country and the various exchange rates will define some local pricing. Companies can take a view and/or risk on exchange rates. This mans the price paid by one country may vary to that a different country pays for its product.
                Then as has been said the volume may play a part, a country with a higher volume potential may get higher discounts on the prices they can buy the product for.
                Each country will need to make certain margins to cover operating costs such as support, marketing etc.
                There may also be import and shipping costs the country has to pay to bring its stock in, this can also have an effect.

I am not saying this excuses all pricing issues, but its easy to look at one countries prices and think you are getting a raw deal in comparison, you need to understand the business differences and local costs of those countries too.
                I understand your point Andy but given the population of the US is 8/9 times greater than Canada and the UK population in a small landmass is 50% bigger yet Canada get the item cheaper !!!

Comment

I'd hazard a guess that Canada enjoys cheaper prices thanks to its proximity to the USA. And whilst it is much larger the population centres are concentrated near the border and coasts.
                  I believe if you buy online and get the item shipped with in the USA you can avoid state sales tax. That was certainly my experience.
                  TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

I think things are a little bit different in North America (USA and Canada). I have a colleague whose son used to work in New York State but actually lived just across the border in Canada because it was cheaper there.
                    John

70D, 30D, G1X Mk II, G12, EF-S 15-85, EF-S 18-55 STM, EF 40 STM, EF 50 II f 1.8, Sigma 10-20 f 4-5.6, Sigma 150-500 f 5-6.3, Sigma 1.4 EX DG Teleconverter, Tamron 90 f 2.8, Tamron 70-300 VC, Speedlite 270EX, 270EX MkII, 430EX III-RT, 550EX, 580EX, 600EX-RT and numerous bits and pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Els View Post
                      I'd hazard a guess that Canada enjoys cheaper prices thanks to its proximity to the USA. And whilst it is much larger the population centres are concentrated near the border and coasts.
                      I believe if you buy online and get the item shipped with in the USA you can avoid state sales tax. That was certainly my experience.
                      Yes you avoid US State tax BUT you pay Canadian HST which is far more, varies from Provence's Nova Scotia being the highest at 15%, I know as we lived there !!

Comment

Originally posted by jk224 View Post
                        I think things are a little bit different in North America (USA and Canada). I have a colleague whose son used to work in New York State but actually lived just across the border in Canada because it was cheaper there.
                        John that makes no sense, Canada is far more expensive than the US, fuel-beer-dairy produce-tax etc I have lived in US and Canada so I know.

Comment

I don't know whether it makes sense or not, but that's what he did and the reason he gave for it. Mind, he now lives and works in Pittsburgh.
                          John

Comment

It's not been a secret that we get shafted in the UK for camera gear
                            If the vote for YES wins North of the border tomorrow, Scotland can set its own import duties and taxes etc, so maybe could become like Hong Kong and we could all nip up there for 'local grey imports'

Come on Paul S, get yourself elected to government and see to it :-)
                            EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

Originally posted by celtex View Post
                              If the vote for YES wins North of the border tomorrow, Scotland can set its own import duties and taxes etc, so maybe could become like Hong Kong and we could all nip up there for 'local grey imports'
                              Mmmmm - nice thought; but... if Scotland votes YES, their overall taxes will increase! That's my longer term bet! It's the only way their economy could survive IMO. No good relying on a claim for 100% of the (depleting) oil revenues; it won't happen... Talking of which; just how does Salmond explain how he figures there's 50% greater oil reserves in the fields than all the experts predict
                              Cheers;
                              Lee
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
                              5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
                              17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Working...
                              X