Warning: Undefined array key "scheme" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "host" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "scheme" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "host" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "scheme" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "host" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "scheme" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "host" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "scheme" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "host" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "scheme" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "host" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "scheme" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "host" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Canon Extension Tubes - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canon Extension Tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon Extension Tubes

Are they worth the money or I'm I better buying Kenko or similar ? Wanted for some small items I'm selling eBay mainly.
    Thanks
    Graham
    Canon 100D, 18-135 IS STM, 50 1.8 STM, 220EX Flash.

Re: Canon Extension Tubes

Even the cheap Chinese a/f ones are good enough ,if your just doing some home shots ,in fact they will probably give you a better focal ranges .there's no glass in them so as long as they lock on and conduct electric there fine ,I think I paid just over twenty quid for a set of three and they do the job

Comment

agree with the Fox, go cheap they will work fine
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I'll be ordering some £20 ones from Amazon that claim to maintain connection in the next week or so. I'll let you know how they work, but everything I read suggests to me that they are all I need.
        Canon EOS 7D
        EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
        Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
        flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

I use the kenco one and it works well and no fault to say.
          raj
          Raj
          Flickr

Comment

Almost all of my gear is Canon and ALL of my lenses are Canon. Having said that I did my research thoroughly before buying extension tubes and this led me to Kenko and I'm not disappointed. I got 3 tubes for much less than Canon were charging and they are very good quality.

There's no optical consideration either as they are just a tube. The air inside a kenko tube is as good as the air inside a canon one :)
            Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

Originally posted by Riggers View Post
              . The air inside a kenko tube is as good as the air inside a canon one :)
              LOL ...
              :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thank god we don't have to buy our air from Canon lol

Comment

Thank you all so I'm going cheapo route !!
                  Cheers
                  Graham

Comment

This is the way to go

Comment

I don't think so, £93 eBay new-Kenko shipped from Slough. I've just bought for £26 S/H a set of 3 Jessops but lets see if they do the job. Yes I'm a Canon man BUT from all I've read and told there is a line to be drawn on the price on some of their kit.

Comment

Try SRB, I've had stuff from them but not tried there extension tubes but a set goes for less than fifty quid and they do a ton of stuff reasonably priced, a lot of it used to be made by them but they buy in from elsewhere as well, they've been going for over forty years and are based in Bedfordshire here's the link

Providing camera accessories, filters, tripods and more to all levels and types of photography since 1967. Check-out the SRB Photographic UK store today.

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
                          I'll be ordering some £20 ones from Amazon that claim to maintain connection in the next week or so. I'll let you know how they work, but everything I read suggests to me that they are all I need.
                          The Jessops set used turned up today, well built and lens connections
                          fine so for £25 shipped eBay makes Canon air expensive !!

Comment

Used these for a few years now, all functions work (auto focus etc if you want to use it!), no complaints.
                            Last edited by sirgar; 27-09-2014, 09:40.

Comment

Just to say that this set was delivered yesterday, the cheapest that I could find on Amazon:

First impressions are good. All the electrical connections work OK when used individually (i.e. 13, 21 and 31mm). Although it claims that you can do so, stacking 2 didn't always connect, and stacking all 3 was a complete fail. But the provided range is probably sufficient for my purposes. Construction was robust enough for what I want, which is just occasional home use. I certainly couldn't justify spending hundreds on either the Canon or Kenko versions.
                              So, overall, for £19.99 I'm perfectly happy as it should be an improvement on my existing reversing ring.
                              Canon EOS 7D
                              EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                              Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                              flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Working...
                              X