The 'new' Canon 7D ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 'new' Canon 7D ...

Been AWOL for some time due to a little ill health and not taking pictures. I've just seen the 7D on general sale for around £800. I know there is an upgraded 7D and I'm assuming that is the reason for the price of the old 7D.

What I would like for those of you who have the knowledge is this. Is it worth upgrading my 700D for either the lower priced 7D and or the 70D? If so, which would be the better option for someone of my 'lower' standard of photography?

Jan.
    Canon 700D, Canon 18-55 3.5-5.6mm, IS STM lens, Canon 70-300mm 4-5.6 IS STM lens, Raynox 250 macro/close-up conversion lens.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/168448632@N02/

Re: The 'new' Canon 7D ...

The original 7D would have an older sensor to your 700D so you wouldn't see an increase in image quality using the same lenses. The 7D would likely be quicker to use, and faster to access the buttons, but it's a type of camera that certainly needs to have the exposure nailed to get the best out of it. The 70D targets a different market, of that of video people I think.

The new 7D2 will pretty much blow all the Canon cameras away apart from the 1DX and for only £1599 :)
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Comment

Re: The 'new' Canon 7D ...

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
      The original 7D would have an older sensor to your 700D so you wouldn't see an increase in image quality using the same lenses. The 7D would likely be quicker to use, and faster to access the buttons, but it's a type of camera that certainly needs to have the exposure nailed to get the best out of it. The 70D targets a different market, of that of video people I think.

The new 7D2 will pretty much blow all the Canon cameras away apart from the 1DX and for only £1599 :)
      Thanks for that Paulstw, muchly appreciated.

Jan.
      Canon 700D, Canon 18-55 3.5-5.6mm, IS STM lens, Canon 70-300mm 4-5.6 IS STM lens, Raynox 250 macro/close-up conversion lens.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/168448632@N02/

Comment

Working...
      X