Leaving this forum, sorry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving this forum, sorry.

After speaking to EOS magazine staff and informing them that I wish to finish my subscription, I asked about leaving this forum. It was suggested that I post on the forum accordingly.

My reason for leaving is that I no longer have a Canon camera. I was finding that trying to upgrade to an 'L' lens was beyond me. I have now returned to the Pentax brand.

I would like to express my appreciation to all of you who have assisted me in the past and ask that my details are deleted from your records. Thank you for your time and assistance.

Jan.
    Canon 700D, Canon 18-55 3.5-5.6mm, IS STM lens, Canon 70-300mm 4-5.6 IS STM lens, Raynox 250 macro/close-up conversion lens.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/168448632@N02/

Re: Leaving this forum, sorry.

good luck with the new camera
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Indeed, good luck with the new camera, and may you continue to enjoy your photography.

Take care.

Dave
      Dave

Comment

You have gone back to my old brand- Asahi Pentax & Super Takumar lenses? Good luck. Hope you see you back.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

good luck .lots of us switch brands and models to suit circumstances and/or needs .personally i never shut the door behind me and still visit and comment on a small nikon forum when appropriate so look in and say hello when passing through

Comment

I find it odd that they advised you to post accordingly, but there you go. All the best in your further photography adventure,

Garry
            Garry Macdonald on Flickr
            Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
              I find it odd that they advised you to post accordingly, but there you go. All the best in your further photography adventure,

Garry
              maybe just a polite way of leaving without just vanishing ..

I didn't realise non subscribers of EOS couldn't use the forum ?

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

You don't need to tell EOS magazine that you are leaving the forum. Just stop posting.

On the other hand, there have been a couple of examples recently of regular posters going quiet and other forum members wonder if they are OK. So post a leaving message if you wish, especially if you want to thank other forum members for their help.

Very occasionally, a forum member asks us to delete their account. We explain that if this was done all their posts would also disappear, possibly making nonsense of some threads. Of course, if you post a message you later regret or wish to correct, you can go back and delete or edit it youself.
                Robert
                robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                  I didn't realise non subscribers of EOS couldn't use the forum ?
                  The EOS magazine forum is open to everyone. You don't have to be an EOS magazine subscriber - or even own an EOS camera.
                  Robert
                  robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

I'm not a subscriber even though, an image of mine was shown in it. I'm on the forum probably more than some subscribers lol.
                    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                    www.campsie.photography

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
                      The EOS magazine forum is open to everyone. You don't have to be an EOS magazine subscriber - or even own an EOS camera.
                      I did think that was the case Robert

Its a shame the member feels he has to leave as whilst most here are Canon users does it really matter! the basics of a digital camera apply to all types - plus having been a member of a few forums I can honesty say this is one of the most friendliest I've been associated with

Comment

IMHO this is a Canon forum and I think it should be restricted to Canon users; as for being a EOS magazine subscriber,that is a personal choice but I have gained a lot by being a subscriber and getting the EOS magazine every quarter. Finally, it is a good idea for a member to say that he/she is leaving as very often members wonder what has happened to so and so- thats human consideration which I have seen in this forum.
                        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I find it sad that Jan sold his Canon because he couldn't upgrade to L lenses. While having L glass might be the ultimate goal for some, I have to say that it's something that has never bothered me, and I'm more than happy with the lenses I've got.
                          John

70D, 30D, G1X Mk II, G12, EF-S 15-85, EF-S 18-55 STM, EF 40 STM, EF 50 II f 1.8, Sigma 10-20 f 4-5.6, Sigma 150-500 f 5-6.3, Sigma 1.4 EX DG Teleconverter, Tamron 90 f 2.8, Tamron 70-300 VC, Speedlite 270EX, 270EX MkII, 430EX III-RT, 550EX, 580EX, 600EX-RT and numerous bits and pieces.

Comment

There's increasing pressure externally that you need L glass to produce the best results. I think this is rubbish. I have L glass, yes, but I have that because I'm rough with my gear, I need it to last and I'm often out in conditions that normal gear would fail in. I also get paid for my shots (sometimes) so it makes sense to me.

I know how JayJay feels. I nearly gave up photography entirely because I couldn't see a light at the end of the tunnel and thought that the path to photography mecca was owning L glass. However, if it's not L glass it's something else. You never stop 'needing' kit the more you progress. You only get out what you put in and it's so true of this hobby and that's before you pick up a camera.
                            Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                            www.campsie.photography

Comment

I thought that you had to subscribe to the magazine before you could use the forums. It's nice to know that is not the case. In general, I agree with Nathaniel, it seems right that a dedicated EOS/Canon forum should be for Canon users.

If allowed, I may pop in just to let you see how good/bad I am with the Pentax K-50. For now, I've just shot my first 200 shots and they are bad! It's going to take me some time to get my birds in flight sorted with the K-50 focusing. Serves me right.

Jan.
                              Canon 700D, Canon 18-55 3.5-5.6mm, IS STM lens, Canon 70-300mm 4-5.6 IS STM lens, Raynox 250 macro/close-up conversion lens.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/168448632@N02/

Comment

Working...
                              X