winter wet day project .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: winter wet day project .

Acetone apparently. He also mentioned lighter fluid, but I would think that a bit oily as a final stage
    Paul

Comment

Cheers give that a go on the next one

Comment

Sounds a neat little project for you Jeff, with nothing to lose.
        [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

ah well the spanners arrived today ,unfortunately the internal optics in the olympus are sealed together ,so that ones scrap ,i did do some more work on the pentax one and the glass cleaned with alternate coats of meths and then acetone finished with lens cleaner are now gleaming ,bit of a pain as i don't have the back plate to put it back together fully ,my bad ,but perhaps a k-mount plate will turn up off e/bay etc .being unable to test it properly i do get the feeling that the fungus had etched itself into the glass though as there are specks on it .only a test shooting would tell .be worth doing with a lens that wasn't so far gone though so i'll be watching the bay of E through the winter

Comment

Have you tried a Lenspen? I find it's the only thing that will remove greasy smudges from a lens. Received my OM to EOS adapter today (only 2 day's delivery) and it fits fine with no excessive tightness or play and hope to try it out soon with my 28mm f3.5. I also have a 135mm f3.5 but I can't see I'd have much use for that, as my camera is used almost solely for wildlife. However the 28mm will be very useful as a small and light pocketable accessory for when I would like to take the odd scenery shot.

David
            PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Canon 7D II, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, Sigma 18-300mm, Sigma 8-16mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon, Lensmaster RH1 Gimbal.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551–479 BC)

Comment

i will try that if i can acquire a similar lens david ,its a full stop project for now but i learned some bits that might come in handy in the future

Comment

If you want to remove all greases and oils, use isopropyl alcohol (or IPA) I use this a lot after machine polishing my car, it removes all oils and greases before I apply wax or sealant. It doesn't leave a residue either. You can get it on line (a Google search will bring it up) in spray form or neat (which is obviously stronger) for about £5.
                Using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X