What Canon Printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Canon Printer

I was looking to up-grade my Printer > I have a Pixma ip6700D which has served me well for the last few years. No good for Mono / prints a colour cast. Looking around Amazon etc they seem cheap as chips can anyone recommend a Canon Printer please eg Pixma MG 3250 ? ANY GOOD

Ian - Pingdriver1952

Re: What Canon Printer

MG7150, I bought one in the summer and it is perfect both for mon and colour printing - Colours are just as they looked on the screen and although we still use professional printing for most of our competition entries I have used it to print quite a number at A4 for a craft fair we did recently and a few for competitions where they was no time to get it done professionally

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Although I have an old Epson Photo R300 which has served me well for a great many years, it is getting 'long in the tooth'.

As such, I thought it was time to consider a new printer, and this time decided to give a Canon Pixma a try.

I only ever print up to A4, so a larger format wasn't needed, and I didn't want, or need an all-in-one printer (I have a good Canon Flat-bed scanner), so I bought the Pixma iP7250.

It was by no means an expensive printer, but I have to say that I have been very impressed with the results.

Dave
      Dave

Comment

Thanks for replying everyone always great advice on the forum / will look into this later and post a Santa Note to my good lady Cheers

Comment

Printers are cheap to buy - it tends to be the selling of the ink where manufacturers make their money.
          Running costs do vary: the amount of ink printers use can vary a lot between different models, especially if you only print occasionally. Having said that, I don't know where you might find much info on this, though Which? magazine recently did a survey comparing three years of occasional use to continuous printing. Canon printers ranged from 40% extra ink at a total cost of £98 for the MX475, to 423% at £505 for the MG7150.

Stegs.

Comment

Absolutely right Stegs, printers are a bit of a 'loss leader' for the manufactures, and it is on the price they charge for the inks. where they make their money.

That said, I switched to 'third party' Jetec ink years ago, for my Epson Photo R300, when I found no discernible difference in quality or longevity (albeit up to ten years so far).

These are significantly cheaper than Epson originals.

As yet, I have not tried Jetec ink in the Canon Pixma ip7250.

Dave
            Dave

Comment

to 423% at £505 for the MG7150
              I get my inks from First Call Inks on Amazon. Two full sets of 6 inks each, £22 !!!!!

I have just put in a full set and there is no difference in quality from the original Canon inks supplied with the printer

Stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

I have a canon ip6600d ,which I bought re-furbed from the canon outlet on e.bay five or six years ago after struggling with epsoms and there terrible quality ,mine is a six ink jobby ,and a full set of chipped inks costs me £12 from my local ink store ,they also sell on e.bay I think .

and the photos seem to last well .

Comment

Working...
                X