CF card issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CF card issue

Hey gang - think I already know the answer but have to ask anyway.

In my old 5Dmkiii and 1Dmkiv I used the 16gb UDMA CF cards and I could take them out of the camera and put them into the built in card reader of my PC with no problems, when I bought the 1DX I also picked up a spare 16gb UDMA 7 CF card (160mb/s) works a treat in the camera but the card reader wont even acknowledge it's there - am I correct in thinking that the only way to download from the new card is either the usb cable to the camera or an aftermarket card reader?

Thanks in advance

.DAVID.
    Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Re: CF card issue

Its more than likely that the card reader you have is not capable of reading the UDMA 7 card you would probably need an updated card reader
    Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

yep i would agree ,lexar do some stunning usb3 ones at good prices ,mine was sub £20 just a little box with pop up lid

Comment

I had my eye on your 1DIV on Wex the other day David lol.
        Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
        www.campsie.photography

Comment

Hey Paul, you could do a lot worse - it really is a cracking camera.

Right back to the card issue - both cards are UDMA7 one is 90MB/s and the other is 160 MB/s only the 90 works in my PC's reader. I have updated (well checked I have all the latest) all the chipset drivers as well as the USB / reader drivers and all good but it still refuses to see the 160.

Given up now so have bought a second Lexar reader to use at home. Annoying and would love to know why - anyone?

.DAVID.
          Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Working...
          X