Shutter Count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shutter Count

Hi all, I'm trying to establish my current shutter count of my Canon 7D Mk1. I contacted Canon, see their response below:

"Thank you for your request and for contacting Canon.
    In response to your enquiry about Canon EOS 7D and the shutter count Canon, treats this information as confidential.
    Nevertheless, there are third party solutions which will provide you with the requested information.
    Once again, thank you for contacting Canon. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact again."

So helpful.

It's astounding that a 3rd party is required to determine a Canon camera shutter count.

Can anyone help please

Chevi

Re: Shutter Count

check this recent thread out Chevi

:- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I think it is only D series cameras that allow you to check the shutter count with Canon software, for any other camera you need to use third party software - just do a goole search for shutter count software - there are loads of them

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

I use ShutterCount to provide readings for photographers attending the EOS magazine open days. Originally available on for Macs, the software is now available for Windows, as well. A single payment (£2.99 for the Mac version) offers unlimited readings for a wide range of EOS cameras. See:

We ran a detailed article on 'Shutter Count' in the January-March 2014 issue of EOS magazine.

We will be offering free shutter counts at our Photofundays on 5 and 6 June 2015. See:
        EOS magazine Photofunday – join us for two days of Canon photography fun on Friday 10 June and Saturday 11 June 2016
        Robert
        robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Another vote for ShutterCount, really easy to use and cheap.

John

Comment

Purchased Dire Studio, works fine.
            Thanks for the comments

Comment

Working...
            X