Canon cashback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon cashback

Wow has it changed... I remember when you sent them stuff and it was like sending it into a black hole and if you were lucky some indeterminate time later it all worked out.

Yesterday afternoon I bought (in a big rush after I realised the Spring cashback expired that day) a 16-35 f4 (only found one shop that did trade-ins with one in stock, plus got rained on a fair bit hurrying there) and applied at 7pm. They responded with a logon to a web-site to track the claim and at 6am (yes, really) this morning I got another e-mail saying I was accepted and the money would be along within 28 days. Much nicer!

BTW I was a little worried by the Box saying EAC rather than CE but LCE claim not to do grey and it all went okay. Interestingly it also said 20150228 on the box, which I guess could be the date of manufacture (and I haven't seen before).

(I traded in my 10-22 which I haven't used in the 5-odd years since I went FF and so decided even though I thought it was a great lens it wasn't doing anything anytime soon.)

Re: Canon cashback

result - you'll love the lens and the DoF is endless LOL
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks! I actually also carried my 14 2.8 II with me as well, in case I cracked and went for the 11-24, but as CameraWorld had cranked the price by another £150 it all looked too financially scary if I'm getting a new body mid-year too. Plus I think the 16-35 is a more sensible weight, takes filters and also has a more usable long end (I'll stick to the 8-15 or 14 for super-wide I think).

Comment

This is my all time favourite lens - I know you are really going to enjoy it & look forward to seeing some images from you taken with it.
        James
        James Boardman Woodend
        www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Originally posted by DrJon View Post
          Thanks! I actually also carried my 14 2.8 II with me as well, in case I cracked and went for the 11-24, but as CameraWorld had cranked the price by another £150 it all looked too financially scary if I'm getting a new body mid-year too. Plus I think the 16-35 is a more sensible weight, takes filters and also has a more usable long end (I'll stick to the 8-15 or 14 for super-wide I think).
          that 11-24 is stunner, but what a price tag - I would too nervous to walk into a shop with my CC in my wallet ;o)
          :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Glad to here the cash back works well. No more cutting bits off the box!
            I bought the same lens Tuesday - largely on seeing some excellent results on this forum.

Comment

I'd forgotten cutting bits off the box - crazy times :-)

On the lens it's very sharp away from the corners where it really needs f8 or above (should you care about what's there, that is). It's pretty good into the light too. The Sunstars have 18 points (I think that's the first time I ever tested for that). The IS seems good too.

Comment

Working...
              X