Two very nice surprises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two very nice surprises

Last night was our camera club annual meeting and awards and although I was expecting to be presented with the club cup for digital image of the year (mentioned in another thread the other week) two others were quite unexpected

First I got the club award for macro and close up photography - a trophy and a book token for £20 (Dee won the trophy last year)

The second was the individual PDI silver medal at the finals day of the Southern Counties Photographic Federation for my "feed me.....RIGHT NOW" image (was also the club digital image of the year). That one is quite a scoop as the membership comprises camera clubs from all over the south of England

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Re: Two very nice surprises

First I got the club award for macro and close up photography - a trophy and a book token for £20 (Dee won the trophy last year)
    nice that your keeping it in the family Stan....although I'm sure Mrs Stan will be aiming to have it back next year ;o)

Many congratulations and VERY well deserved
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Nice one Stan
      Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
      Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Well done, Stan and Dee
        Raj
        Raj
        Flickr

Comment

Excellent news Stan and well deserved, yours and Dee's images are always something to aspire to.

Regards Paul

Comment

Well done Stan
            1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
            Facebook
            www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Well deserved Stan. Work from both Dee and yourself is always of very good standard.
              Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Well done Stan and Dee. Keep up the good work.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Well done Stan and Dee
                  Chris

60D, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM,
                  EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC

Comment

Well done to you both, keep up the good work

You should investigate running workshops, that could be a nice little earner for you both, being paid to do what you both enjoy.
                    Peter

Feel free to browse my
                    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Well done to you both!
                      - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Congratulations to you both. Well deserved recognition
                        EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Paul
                          EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                          Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Very well deserved Stan. The quality of the pictures you bring to every competition is fantastic and you are always raising the bar. Well done and keep it up. Thanks
                            Luke Grayson

Camera: 7D Mark I

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/130030531@N05/

Comment

Surprises? Nah, not with the quality stuff that you two produce, lol. Well done
                              Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X