Low Mpx and old lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Mpx and old lenses

Going back through my old images during a very wet Bank Holiday I came across a few from East Africa taken with my 5 megapixel Leica Digilux 2 with fixed 28-90mm f2 lens. This one typified the sort of quality I could get then and is an 80% crop of an OOC jpg. One of the four cubs of "Keke" - star of "Big Cat Diary", it's was playing with a ball of Elephant dung on the Masai Mara in Kenya.

Untitled-22 X01_edit-2 by DAVID MORISON, on Flickr

David
    PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Canon 7D II, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, Sigma 18-300mm, Sigma 8-16mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon, Lensmaster RH1 Gimbal.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551–479 BC)

Re: Low Mpx and old lenses

one of the reasons i still battle on with my 10mp 1d3 ,its not the amount of mp its more down to the quality of them ,as a for instance on saturday at the airshow my lad was besides me all day with a nikon d810 @36mp and a d7200 @ 24mp plus a nikon 500mm f4 vr ,to be perfectly honest for the extra £6000 + of his equipment theres not a lot of difference in the results ,and for once he even admitted it .makes you think doesn't it

Comment

Surprising what you can do with even a few megapixies.

EOS D30 (3.2Mp) and ancient Sigma 90mm macro...

Now Canon are trying to convince us we need a 120Mp monster...
      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Nice shots. I recently bought a second body a 1DmkII which has 8.2MP to use alongside my 40D at 10MP. Having used both for a while now my 40D is now my backup camera and my next purchase when funds allow it will be to replace my Tamron 17-50 with a canon 17-40.
        1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
        Facebook
        www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X