Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crop ratios

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
    On those occasions when I do crop then I tend to start with the old standards and then go custom if I still can't get what I want. One ratio I am fond of 5x4 in portrait orientation as I generally find 3:2 too long and lanky when upright...

I've never really understood why some people get so precious about cropping. We had a speaker at club last week who uses a square format Hasselblad and to hear him talk you'd think cropping was a mark of the devil and a sign of photographic incompetence - it wasn't even like his picture were particularly original or inspiring either. Takes all sorts I guess...
    Yes, I had someone comment negatively on an image I took because the crop wasn't one of the standard sizes. I didn't take it personally, and everyone has their own view, but I did find it strange that in the digital era, particular sizes were still somehow revered. I totally get it when printing, and I understand the aesthetic value of certain shapes, ratios, etc. but I'm not sure it should be something we get too religious about :)
    Tony.
    https://www.flickr.com/eightbittony

Comment

Working...
    X