How did that happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did that happen?

We have just been down to London for three days with the whole family (ten of us) on the occasion of my dear lady's 70th Birthday. The intention was to visit the Natural History Museum (for the kids), go on an open top bus tour of the the main attractions (for the kids), go on a boat trip up the Thames (for the kids) and spend a day at the Zoo (for the kids). There was obviously going to be a lot of possibilities for using my camera (including photos of the kids) so I packed it in it's case complete with two spare batteries and placed it in the car with our suitcase to drive to the station. When we finally arrived at Kings Cross and walked to St Pancras to meet the rest I realised I had left the camera in the car, on open view in the Station car park at Grantham station. Nothing I could do about it at that stage so I had to suffer the weekend imagining that my car would be broken into and camera nicked by the time I got back. Arriving back at Grantham last night my car was intact and camera still on the back seat! How did that happen? I am now suffering the ear-bashing from the management committee for missing all the shots I was told to get which is probably worse than losing my camera! Lots of iPhone shots to try and make something out of as well.

Moral of the story? Hang my camera around my neck before I get into the car!

David
    PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Canon 7D II, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, Sigma 18-300mm, Sigma 8-16mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon, Lensmaster RH1 Gimbal.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551–479 BC)

Re: How did that happen?

You were very very lucky David. I would have gone back to the car had I done what you did & faced the music from my family.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

bad luck on forgetting the camera, but least it was there waiting for you

I check so many times that my camera is in my bag it drives me wife nutts, in fact on the last trip after driving half an hour pulled over on the toll just to double double check ;o)..... I feel your pain
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

..... and then there's taking the camera but leaving the battery in the charger, as I did in Kent a few weeks ago!
        Russell
        Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

Working...
        X