On-Line printing services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On-Line printing services

Does anyone on the forum use an on-line printing service??
    If you do, then which one and why??

Thanks

David
    David

Re: On-Line printing services

I used photobox for some A1 posters from the 50d - excellent quality. I was recommended to them by the lecturer on my evening class
    ef-r

Comment

Never had to use an on-line printing service being fortunate to have Colliers Photography local in the Swansea area. They do their printing mainly on-site and can produce up to poster size.
      I like the option of being able to talk to the actual person who will make the print...... makes it easier to get my cock-ups fixed before paying for a large print
      jhdee

Comment

For most of my prints, I use DSCL

Professional Photo Printing, UK`S Leading Professional Photo Printing Lab, Large format printing, Prints Printed on Fuji professional photo paper.

Excellent (and consistent) quality, quick turnaround, they provide you with a colour profile to make sure the colour prints match what you see on the screen.

16x12 prints for around a £1 each, not so cheap if you only want an odd print (because of the shipping charges), but for a batch, they are excellent value.
        Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
        Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

I use photobox, I'v always been happy with the quality, and their quick. In fact I'm waiting for a couple of prints I just ordered.

John

Comment

I too use Photobox for albums and prints..they have a quick turnaround and are well priced.
            There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Thanks guys.
              I figured I would ask the question rather than head off and re-invent the wheel and learn the painful way that so and so is absolute rubbish as an on-line printing service.

David
              David

Comment

Agree with Lez about DSCL. Used them regularly for the past couple of years and never been disappointed. in fact just received a batch of photos, ordered on Sunday evening, dispatched Monday and delivered first thing on Tuesday

Stan
                Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                flickr

Comment

Thanks Stan. DSCL look like an organization with impressive Customer Service which to me is paramount.
                  Photobox also look good so I may try both and see who, in my eyes, "does the job"

David
                  David

Comment

Hi David

I have no hesitation in recommending them and following seeing our shots in our camera club competitions a number of members are using them as well. As said before you do need to bear in mind shipping cost which is around a fiver but providing you are ordering a minimum of say a dozen prints at 15" x 10", which are 85p each it still works out very reasonable for the quality you get

Stan
                    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                    flickr

Comment

Photobox are great for the money :-)
                      Asda need to be avoided at all costs they produce the suckiest prints you ever saw in your life !

Millie

Comment

Thanks Millie

David
                        David

Comment

Photobox for me too. Any problem and they sort it straight away. I’ve had a couple of orders which the Royal Mail (bless ‘em) have managed to bend. Photobox have reprinted the order without quibble. Make sure you upload the files as sRGB and not Adobe RGB.

Comment

Working...
                          X