IDXii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IDXii

So who is going to go for one given the specs on Canon Rumors?

Personally I am holding out for the 5Div! And a 7Dii - which I cannot afford at the moment, so what hope a 5Div!!!

Richard
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Re: IDXii

Originally posted by rcarca View Post

Personally I am holding out for the 5Div! And a 7Dii - which I cannot afford at the moment, so what hope a 5Div!!!

Richard
    A little disappointing but that seems to be the case with Canon at the moment.
    We will have to wait until it's been fully reviewed and tested and see what it can do (we might yet be pleasantly surprised)

Also like you Richard I'll be waiting for the spec of the 5D IV before i make my next move?

Paul
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Originally posted by rcarca View Post

Richard
      yep another one holding out for the 5Dx - I've already got 3 people interested in buying the mk iii and the thumbs up to buy from the Mrs ;o) ...come on Canon pull your finger out
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Here is a link to a review by Andy Rouse
        Andy's work has been used all over the world on almost everything you can think of, and yes before you ask, it has decorated a kitchen sink. His work has appeared on aircraft, on haute couture clothes, multiple ranges of greetings cards, posters, calendars and even an LP cover.
        James Boardman Woodend
        www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

I just hope that sensor gets used on the 5D ISO 32,000 and its usable

14 frames per sec

Last edited by Tigger; 02-02-2016, 09:16.

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

That reminds me of this video

James
            James Boardman Woodend
            www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

lol... 14 fps is a stunning sound, not much need for it in landscape work but I'd love to work with that sensor

Maybe something to give your A7Rii a run james

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                lol... 14 fps is a stunning sound, not much need for it in landscape work but I'd love to work with that sensor

Maybe something to give your A7Rii a run james
                Yes - I think so. But having said that they are very different animals aimed at different users. The 1DX 2 will be built like a bomb and fantastic all round camera. The Sony weighs next to nothing, is small but no good for most wildlife or sports and certainly not designed to be used in extreme weather.
                If I win the lottery I would love a 1Dx 2 but I suspect at my age it would spend a lot of time left on the shelf due to its size and weight - it's a camera for the well off and quite fit !
                James
                James Boardman Woodend
                www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Originally posted by jimsphotography View Post
                  - it's a camera for the well off and quite fit !
                  James
                  that rules me out then lol - too many hours parked in front of this box

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                    that rules me out then lol - too many hours parked in front of this box
                    Use it or loose it - I'm definitely in the loose phase of my life. Promise to do better in the next one !
                    James
                    James Boardman Woodend
                    www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Use it or loose it - I'm definitely in the loose phase of my life. Promise to do better in the next one !
                      James
                      yeah but knowing my luck I'll come back as a dog, bit hard to change lenses with a paw lol

Comment

if only i could afford one ,14 frames per sec in live view ,and what a buffer ,never miss a shot again .i won't be able to afford one but it might drive down the prices of other desirable cameras to a comfort level

Comment

If I win the lottery I would love a 1Dx 2 but I suspect at my age it would spend a lot of time left on the shelf due to its size and weight - it's a camera for the well off and quite fit !
                          James
                          I've cancelled my gym membership since carrying round the 1div with the 100-400L on it, muscles like Arnie now lol.
                          Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Originally posted by tigerburnie View Post
                            I've cancelled my gym membership since carrying round the 1div with the 100-400L on it, muscles like Arnie now lol.
                            Excellent- gives the concept of weight lifting a new twist
                            James Boardman Woodend
                            www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
                              if only i could afford one ,14 frames per sec in live view ,and what a buffer ,never miss a shot again .i won't be able to afford one but it might drive down the prices of other desirable cameras to a comfort level
                              Want to bet, we always miss that golden shot

I cannot see me upgrading from my 1DX, it does everything on my list
                              Some nice features there though, I have to admit I have never used the HD on my camera, so 4K isn't something I will miss... I don't like the Canon page though where you can meet your photographic action heroes.... it is a word banded about far to often, a hero to me is a fireman risking all, a soldier in the field in combat..... some professional photographer is NO HERO.
                              Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
                              X