Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-sizing photos

Hi from New Zealand.
    Hoping someone can help me with a re-sizing problem please.
    I use Coral Paintshop Pro and/or Image Browser with my EOS7D. When I email photos they are going at around 4mb, pretty large for some recipients. This problem has only arisen since moving to Windows 10. My mail is outlook.
    How can I re-size the photos to less than 1mb?
    Thanks in anticipation,
    Harewood
    Harewood: EOS7D(1) with Canon 70-300IS(L); Canon 18-55IS; Canon EF100-400 (L) IS II

Re: Re-sizing photos

The only way I can think of is to export them at lower quality, assuming you're exporting as jpeg files.

Using Lightroom you have a range of 0-100 with the higher the number, the bigger the files. Does PSP allow you to do something similar?
    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Hi

I moved away from Windows, but I am guessing that there is similar functionality with OS X... That gives me a range of sizes I can choose from on my Macs.

Otherwise, as Andy says: resize in your editing software.

Sorry I can't be more help...

Richard
      Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Thanks for your help Andy and Richard. Away on holiday for a week from tomorrow, will try when I get back. Yes they are JPEGs Andy.
        Harewood
        Harewood: EOS7D(1) with Canon 70-300IS(L); Canon 18-55IS; Canon EF100-400 (L) IS II

Comment

Originally posted by Harewood View Post
          Hi from New Zealand.
          Hoping someone can help me with a re-sizing problem please.
          I use Coral Paintshop Pro and/or Image Browser with my EOS7D. When I email photos they are going at around 4mb, pretty large for some recipients. This problem has only arisen since moving to Windows 10. My mail is outlook.
          How can I re-size the photos to less than 1mb?
          Thanks in anticipation,
          Harewood
          one other thing to consider, rather than emailing the images why not set up a free dropbox account - then you can upload the photos there at full size and just forward the link for your friends to download
          Last edited by Tigger; 14-02-2016, 07:50.
          :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I guess it depends on why you are emailing the pictures. If it's for people to view on screen, then just use Image/Resize in Corel Paintshop Pro. I usually select the Standard Sizes option and set it to 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768. You don't need anything bigger for on screen viewing.
            Don't forget to save the reduced file under a new name so that you still have the original at full size.
            EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

your only stating e/mail as a end result ,if its just to use on here and other places ,copy and paste to Facebook /twitter etc then good old flickr is still the best free hosting service to be had .

Comment

Thanks Black Fox. No Facebook / twitter etc just a couple of NZ-based aviation newsletters and for others to view on their screens.
                Harewood

Comment

then use dropbox and you don't have to worry about resizing and they can use the images any size they want
                  :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                    then use dropbox and you don't have to worry about resizing and they can use the images any size they want
                    Agree just use dropbox to send image files,That how i send my images to the press

Paul
                    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Working...
                    X