Who says photographers are not fit LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who says photographers are not fit LOL

Do I pick up my bag... do I leave my bag, do I pick up my bag, do I leave my bag...

B*gger it........ run away......

For the big versions see

California photographer Brian Flanagan captured images of the last seconds of Jack Roush's Beechcraft Premier 1 as it dipped a wing and then pancaked on on infield area of Wittman Regional Airport Tuesday evening.
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Re: Who says photographers are not fit LOL

Excellent, lol.

Might I suggest you pick a smaller image to show then that way we can see them without having to scroll

Comment

have swopped them for the small ones . you can access the big ones on the links :D
      Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

So would you try and pick your bag??? I can't decide.....

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn View Post
          So would you try and pick your bag??? I can't decide.....
          NOPE! Insurance covers that!

Bigger question would be - which way to run - apart from fast !!!
          I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
          Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Originally posted by Canon-Fodder! View Post
            NOPE! Insurance covers that!

Bigger question would be - which way to run - apart from fast !!!
            Indeed, the third photo sort of suggests they should be running the other way but as long as it's away from the accident who cares!

Comment

They should have stood their ground and got some shots but the question is what settings to use as it went over them? :)

Comment

Maybe changing to a fisheye lens as well so you can get all of the plane in the frame

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn View Post
                  Maybe changing to a fisheye lens as well so you can get all of the plane in the frame
                  Then their last words as they went underneath might have been, "Oh my Cod!"

Comment

lol

Comment

With my motorsport background I can offer some sensible advice. Away doesn't work - it's going faster than you are. Across is best, 90 deg or less to the incoming object. On the bank of a race circuit with a car coming towards you from your left you would run to your left in an attempt to move the impact point to behind you with the debris now going away from you. Going back to the original sequence and noting the aircraft is veering to its right they should have run in the opposite direction, using the building for additional protection.

And still on the motorsport connection, poor Jack Roush. Another NASCAR owner in an aviation accident. Seems they fly the way they drive. Happily injuries surprisingly light considering the impact.

What I am impressed with is the guy taking the shots. Clearly stood his ground, no blur or shake at all. Shame his pictures were spoilt by other people getting in the way of the action shot.
                      Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Grab the bag for me I need to meter lol
                        Canon 50D
                        Takina 12-24/4, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Tamron 60/2 Macro
                        Buying very soon Canon 85/1.8, Canon 100/2.8 Macro

Comment

When you get a plane that nicely fills your 400mm lens, then you get a warm glow.

When you get a plane that nicely fills your 35mm, than you are likely to get a warm backside. Time to be somewhere else QUICKLY.
                          Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Working...
                          X