Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photoshop Elements 11

Originally posted by Dave61 View Post
    As I want to really learn about the 70D settings I am going to leave Raw for a bit. Get my head round all the settings and how I can use them, then once I am happy with how it all works then I will try Raw, but my main thing is to learn the settings first and what can be done
    Dave, I am sure you are going along the right lines. Get the hang of Jpeg first. One must also remember that the today's digital cameras are brilliant and sophisticated little computers and it is possible to get it to do a lot of things which makes life easier for the photogrpher. The main thing is to try and get the exposure right and ensure that the image is sharp. Unsharp images cannot be put right even if you use RAW. The picture styles in the camera is a very good tool and there is quite a lot written about it in the recent EOS magazine.

Best of luck.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
      Dave, I am sure you are going along the right lines. Get the hang of Jpeg first. One must also remember that the today's digital cameras are brilliant and sophisticated little computers and it is possible to get it to do a lot of things which makes life easier for the photogrpher. The main thing is to try and get the exposure right and ensure that the image is sharp. Unsharp images cannot be put right even if you use RAW. The picture styles in the camera is a very good tool and there is quite a lot written about it in the recent EOS magazine.

Best of luck.
      Thank you for that Nat, today I tried it on standard mode, and will try a different mode every day

Comment

Looks like I will be getting Elements 14, as have been trying out the trial version and it does 70D Raw :)

Comment

not discussing Raw, but have you tried Lightroom - I prefer this to Elements, although this is my own personal preference and I know many other prefer Elements
          :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
            not discussing Raw, but have you tried Lightroom - I prefer this to Elements, although this is my own personal preference and I know many other prefer Elements
            I have always used Elements and got so used to it now, as I will stick with that but thanks though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave61 View Post
              I have always used Elements and got so used to it now, as I will stick with that but thanks though.
              :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I always use Elements and have used it to adjust my Jpeg images; I also have got the Canon DPP on my computer for RAw images which I have only used on and off. However now that I have set my 100D to record in RAW+Jpeg, I will see how I get on with my wildlife images. I have left my full frame 6D on Jpeg as I find it produces decent images like my recent Aled Jones concert photos. The settings used such as picture style etc were all after reading the excellent article in the recent EOS magazine.
                Last edited by Nathaniel; 22-05-2016, 12:45.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I find that with Elements that when you upgrade your camera to a newer model the you have to upgrade elements to the latest version so thats why I went down the photoshop/lightroom subscription as you get regular updates and also some features that are exclusive to Photoshop/lightroom for around £8 a month
                  Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

I will just buy elements 14 out right, then I will have that along side both the DPP ones I`ve got, as that will do for me :)

Comment

Working...
                    X