Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adobe Lightroom 6

Nice Dave
    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Thanks Andy

Comment

Looks like you're getting to grips with LR.
        Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by antoeknee View Post
          Looks like you're getting to grips with LR.
          agree, nice edit
          :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks guys, got to say that I think it is very user friendly

Comment

Just trying the Clarity Slider, sorry hope I am not boring you all, I just want to learn from some mistakes and look back at how I can do better. The blue damselfly is bad though.

Something Blue by David Ore, on Flickr

Susie by David Ore, on Flickr

Comment

only thing I would add is both seem under

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                  only thing I would add is both seem under
                  ...completed?
                  Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Originally posted by rcarca View Post
                    ...completed?
                    sorry ?

Comment

Thank you both, just a question now. Just been trying shooting in Raw and was looking in LR and thought I noticed on the Sharpening it was done automatically, does that always happen ?
                      Forgot to say the above two photos were taken in Jpeg.
                      Last edited by Dave61; 15-06-2016, 15:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave61 View Post
                        Thank you both, just a question now. Just been trying shooting in Raw and was looking in LR and thought I noticed on the Sharpening it was done automatically, does that always happen ?
                        its always set at 25% on import - you can either increase that which is probably likely along with nose reduction

Comment

its always set at 25% on import - you can either increase that which is probably likely along with nose reduction
                          Am I right in thinking that, you have to be careful using the noise reduction slider, for fear of losing detail ?

Comment

yes, I adjust sharpness normally between 50-70, then adjust nose to 30, but it really depends on the image, some will need more or less of both

Comment

yes, I adjust sharpness normally between 50-70, then adjust nose to 30, but it really depends on the image, some will need more or less of both
                              Nice one, and thanks for the info Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Dave61 View Post
                                Am I right in thinking that, you have to be careful using the noise reduction slider, for fear of losing detail ?
                                Indeed you do. In my version of ACR (CS3 rather than LR6) it defaults to 25 for chroma noise and 0 on luminance which I find is far to much for most pictures. I always adjust it on an image by image basis and unless the image is exceedingly noisy I rareley exceed 15-20 for chroma and about 10 for luminance. For low ISO (100/200) the settings rarely get above 10 & 5 respectively.

Sharpening I always do in PS so I tend to reduce the ACR sharpening to 0.6 radius and amount 10-20%. When you start from JPEG the amount of noise reduction and sharpening required may well be less than for raw - it depends on how you have the sharpening and noise parameters set in the various Picture Styles.

Most sources recommend sharpening only at the output stage and adjusting the degree of sharpening to best suit the output format.
                                Last edited by El Sid; 16-06-2016, 12:08.
                                Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
                                X