Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow! PS enhancements coming to a computer near you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! PS enhancements coming to a computer near you...

See this... Uber cool or what!

Enjoy!
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Re: Wow! PS enhancements coming to a computer near you...

I was reading about this update as I've not seen a CC update link yet - but one thing thats upsetting many is all your plug ins will vanish, make sure you have the codes / links to re-install them

but it looks interesting, I just need to check plug ins first
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

but one thing thats upsetting many is all your plug ins will vanish, make sure you have the codes / links to re-install them
      looks like there might be a workround

Also, if you want to wait and move your plug-ins later, and not overwrite your current copy of CC (with all your plug-ins), then when you go to install, click the Advanced Options button at the bottom of the installer and uncheck “Remove Old Version.” That way, you can move your plug-ins over at your leisure, then uninstall the old version later.
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Glad I read this before doing the update ,it would be a pain to lose my plug ins

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Richard, I have the Nik collection as a plug in and it has been saved in my downloads so I hope that I only have to re install them

Alan

Comment

although previous "Improvements" have caused me to adopt a 2-3 week cooling off period. Hats off to you brave beta testers
            :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Tomorrow I will be setting up the £8.57 pm and really looking forward to having it. At the moment I am trying the trial of PS CC and love it.

Comment

I've downloaded my update (and copied the plugins across) and it all seems to work O.K.

The content-aware crop is awesome!
                John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

The face manipulation is great! Lost my jowls in one photograph. Damn sight easier than dieting...

Comment

Just tried the content aware crop and seems to work quite well though I suspect a complex area near the edge of the frame might be a problem.
                    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

All updated, I did find my plug-ins (only Nik) needed uninstalling and re-installing for them to work (on a Mac)
                      Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                      Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Did mine last night ,waited till my lad got home from work ,he's the apple expert .his advice was just do the upgrade without backup ,proved rights as once installed he located the plug ins nik efex and de.noise within seconds and transferred them by drag and drop ,took all of 1 minute .all working fine have a play later

Comment

Originally posted by rcarca View Post
                          The face manipulation is great! Lost my jowls in one photograph. Damn sight easier than dieting...
                          Quite an impressive tool the adjustments you can make are impressive. Was going to try on image of my dog but doesn't recognise as a face.
                          Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by antoeknee View Post
                            Quite an impressive tool the adjustments you can make are impressive. Was going to try on image of my dog but doesn't recognise as a face.
                            Thank goodness I didn't face that indignity!

Comment

Just managed to upgrade mine after trying all morning and was pleased to see it kept all my actions, which would have been a pain to redo. Nik back in with no problem but not my neatimage plug in so have e mailed to see what is neaded

Stan
                              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                              flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X