Cinegraphs Video and Raw Still

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinegraphs Video and Raw Still

Can anyone suggest what the issue is here I'm sure I'm overlooking something.
    I shot a corporate job last week with several models shooting cinegraphs.
    I used a 5d mk3 and decided for extra flex ability and quality to shoot a raw file while video was running.
    Focus was set manually as was all other settings and camera tripod used.
    Issue is the files once cropped to 1080 @72 do not register with video footage.
    I've not used a 5d for video before and I expected it all to register but stills almost look like they shot at slightly different focal length.
    All is not lost as I can do what most do and grab a still frame from video but I'm interested to find out why there is an issue... Anyone have any ideas ?
    Simon

Re: Cinegraphs Video and Raw Still

sorry I've never even turned my 5D to video so can't help, hopefully the video guys here can, although I don't think we have that many
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I am no expert on the Simon, but from what I have been reading about the 5Div isn't there a crop factor apples to video at 1080 that won't apply to stills? Not that I think that was the main part of your question...

Sorry not to be more help...
      Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

thanks guys it's a MK 3 I was using.
        I think the issue was I imported raw images into Lightroom with lens correction on so this altered the still enough to cause a mis alignment.
        Cheers Simon

Comment

Working...
        X