That's a photoshop

From DPS: http://digital-photography-school.co...s-a-photoshop/

You know where I stand!

Richard
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Re: That's a photoshop

same here, we stand united I hope LOL
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
      same here, we stand united I hope LOL
      Definitely!

Comment

and me

Comment

and me

Comment

Originally posted by rcarca View Post
            From DPS: http://digital-photography-school.co...s-a-photoshop/

You know where I stand!

Richard
            Yes we do. In fact I think we know where nearly all forum members stand on it, so why bother to bring it up yet again?
            Some members agree with you and some don't, it doesn't make you right and them wrong, or the other way around.

John

Comment

My main objection is the language "a photoshop" as a noun and "to photoshop" as a verb, as in "it has been photoshopped". My poor old grammar school English teacher must be spinning in his grave. Not to mention that "other brands of photo editing software are available", has an image been "DPPed"?
              I read some competition rules somewhere which basically said that the usual enhancements for sharpening, WB alteration, contrast etc., were allowed, but manipulation like copying an object from one image to another wasn't, which is basically my position. I do wonder if they can actually find out though.
              EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny48 View Post
                Yes we do. In fact I think we know where nearly all forum members stand on it, so why bother to bring it up yet again?
                Some members agree with you and some don't, it doesn't make you right and them wrong, or the other way around.

John
                Because I liked the external validation from someone who makes at least a part of his living from the art (as I shall call it from now on!) And, incidentally, I am right because I am not telling anyone that they cannot do what they want, whereas my photographs apparently "annoy" some people because I use Photoshop and Lightroom... With more than an implication that I am lying and cheating.
                Last edited by rcarca; 04-11-2016, 12:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard W View Post
                  My main objection is the language "a photoshop" as a noun and "to photoshop" as a verb, as in "it has been photoshopped". My poor old grammar school English teacher must be spinning in his grave. Not to mention that "other brands of photo editing software are available", has an image been "DPPed"?
                  I read some competition rules somewhere which basically said that the usual enhancements for sharpening, WB alteration, contrast etc., were allowed, but manipulation like copying an object from one image to another wasn't, which is basically my position. I do wonder if they can actually find out though.
                  I can't disagree with you about the unfortunate grammar in the article, but we are unlikely to stop an entire nation from turning nouns into verbs! And as for competitions that state that, I have no problem with that. I deplore lying and falsehood about what what your photograph represents - including saying that a unprocessed photograph is purer than a processed one!

Comment

Don't get me started on pronouns!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

All of these new uses come from the USA, the murderer of the English language, mainly originating from a generation of people who are very well educated in terms of electronics, maths etc., but have probably never read a work of literature.
                      It reminds me of George Orwell's 1984 where instead of "very bad" something would be called "double plus ungood". To "unlike" something on Facebook is remarkably similar.
                      Of course, we have been using the verb "to hoover" for decades, perhaps a future generation will say "I'm going to dyson the carpet"
                      EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard W View Post
                        All of these new uses come from the USA, the murderer of the English language, mainly originating from a generation of people who are very well educated in terms of electronics, maths etc., but have probably never read a work of literature.
                        It reminds me of George Orwell's 1984 where instead of "very bad" something would be called "double plus ungood". To "unlike" something on Facebook is remarkably similar.
                        Of course, we have been using the verb "to hoover" for decades, perhaps a future generation will say "I'm going to dyson the carpet"
                        I think you meant "math" rather than "maths"... That was bigly wrong of you... (from my least favourite international politician at the moment)

Comment

Don`t know if I am right saying this, but I managed to get a few shots of Starling Murmurations this year and in sunset, once I put them on my laptop I thought, that is not what I saw. So one day I WILL have a go in PS/LR to try and get what I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave61 View Post
                            Don`t know if I am right saying this, but I managed to get a few shots of Starling Murmurations this year and in sunset, once I put them on my laptop I thought, that is not what I saw. So one day I WILL have a go in PS/LR to try and get what I saw.

Comment

Oh dear, here we go again.....! Incidently, I agree and stand united also
                              Garry Macdonald on Flickr
                              Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X