'Coping' With Loved Ones Who Don't Love Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Coping' With Loved Ones Who Don't Love Photography

A slightly tongue in cheek thread, but how do you 'deal' with loved ones when they think that they've gone with you for a nice day at seaside or walk in the countryside, when all you want to do is stop every few seconds, or minutes, to take photos?

Re: 'Coping' With Loved Ones Who Don't Love Photography

I make sure I have the car keys
    Garry Macdonald on Flickr
    Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
      I make sure I have the car keys
      Tried that, but we both carry keys for both of our cars all the time - something that I need to also remember the next time we have a row in the middle of our walk!

Comment

Doesn't happen as both my wife and I are passionate about photography and almost every trip out is an opportunity to shoot
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Blessed are you who have partners who have the same common passionate interest in photography. I am often asked "haven't you taken enough photographs? I'm hungry"!!!!
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Nat, do we share the same wife

What's the answer? No idea but it would certainly avoid frosty car drives home after days out if I knew

Cheers,
            John

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
              Blessed are you who have partners who have the same common passionate interest in photography. I am often asked "haven't you taken enough photographs? I'm hungry"!!!!
              I'm with you there Nat. That's my experience to a tee!
              Garry Macdonald on Flickr
              Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Find another photographer in the area that has the same... "issue" 👍

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

I let her carry the tripod

Seriously she's very sympathetic especially as I often stop to sketch a scene as well!
                  Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                    With me it's 'Well I'll walk on with the dog then. You catch us up when you are ready.' But said in the tone of voice that suggests I fancy the widow-woman who lives two doors down.
                    Last edited by Lawsyd; 07-11-2016, 19:29.

Comment

My wife loves to have her picture taken, so as long as I snap a few with her, she is happy. I have even gotten her to take out her iPhone and she now loves to snap images as well. Last evening she was looking at one of my cameras and said that maybe she should start learning to use one of these.

Tom

Comment

As Stan I,m lucky my wife enjoys it as much as I do ,in fact her bird spotting skills are superior to mine ,I often say how the hell did you see that to her .

Comment

If your wife/partner is not into it - there is no point trying, as you will both end up miserable, both of you will have uncommunicated expectations for your planned walk in the country or whatever it is and both will not be achieved - so many times I have taken my camera on holiday or on some outing and end up with nothing or very little as I am conscious of holding them back, so feel under time pressure - so end up not taking any or many shots.

Better to resign yourself that they are just not into it and go on your own, as and when you can, or find a mate/club etc
                          EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

as you know my wife did enjoy photography and when it comes round to me meeting someone its going to be interesting as I don't think I will be that lucky.. not really sure how its going to pan out, but if you have a partner that doesn't have your passion i can see lots of trips out alone
                            :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

in fact her bird spotting skills are superior to mine ,I often say how the hell did you see that to her .
                              must be a female thing as Dee is just the same
                              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                              flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X