Photo courses/universities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo courses/universities

I'm looking at doing further education in photography and I was wondering if people would like to share some experiences or ideas about what I should do...

I'm still quite young at 23 and i've previously been studying engineering, but I would like to do some recognised qualifications in photography, maybe even a degree. Has anyone got any ideas?

Re: Photo courses/universities

Monobrow,
    Last year I did a short course in Digital Photography at the Bucks New University in High Wycombe. The lecturer we had is also a lecturer at the Open College of the Arts in photography and he was very good, in fact I commenced another short course in Digital Photography with the same lecturer last week.

Have a look at this link http://www.oca-uk.com/distance-learn...of-photography

David
    David

Comment

ok cool.

They do look good. Are you going the full hog with OCA? just do the short courses to build up slowly?

Comment

I'm glad you asked this question, I am currently considering doing a distance learning course and am torn between the US based New York Institute of Photography and the UK based Photography Institute.

Neither is particularly cheap however, due to current work commitments etc., at present, it is best for me to study in this manner.

The PI has a special offer on at present where they are shaving approximately 1/3rd off of the tuition fees, the NYIP had an offer o but was still particularly expensive, possible because they are more globally recognised.

I was going to ask if anyone was familiar with either of these courses and if so which they would recommend?

Cheers,
        Ed

Comment

Don't know what level you are looking for but you could take a look at this...

Distance and Online Courses from The Open University. View our Certificates, Diplomas, Degrees, Masters Degrees and PhDs.
          EOS 1DX, EOS 5D mkiii, EOS 7D, EF 17-40mm f4 L USM, EF 24-70mm f2.8 L II USM, EF 70-200mm f2.8 L II IS USM, EF 50mm f1.2 L, EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro USM, Speedlite 580EX

Comment

Working...
          X