Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightroom 3

Hello All,

I know there are some Lightroom users out there, I have a question.

I can easily change a pic to Black and White, from colour, but how can I save a small part of the pic to stay in colour??

Example, a picture of a wedding guest, all in Black and White except for the button hole!!!

I have seen many pictures like this but don't know if it can be done in Lightroom or it just a "Photoshop" thing??

Thanks in advance for any assistance, it's driving me mad!!!

Paul

Re: Lightroom 3

Sorry I have not done that I will try and look in the book I bought to help me but that is for LR 2.6 but will not be able to do that until later today

Comment

OK I have had a look through my book and I think you may be able to do what you want by using the Hand-colouring in the colour mode section. Basically I think you need to convert to B&W then use the adjustment brush to highlight / change the section you want the book would imply that the auto mask feature retains the original details which are hidden within the B&W image.

If you can send me a PM with an email address I can send yuo a pdf of the relevant pages in my book to see if that helps.

Comment

Thanks Muscat, will send PM

Regards Paul

Comment

just fiddled with it - not sure if this is the best way, but it is one way...
          go to HSL saturation controls and pull all down to -100 which turns to greyscale...
          then open an adjustment brush, choose saturation, and put saturation slider at 100%.. - the area you paint over returns to original colour...

Please share any other ways you find to do it :)

Mark

Comment

Mark, thanks for the note it is something I had never done and just looked through the book I will also play with the HSL section now

Comment

I knew I should have gone to bed when my 3 am call ended rather than look at the forum pages.

Having tried Mark's suggestion it works well the sample proves it, not a photo for C&C as such but to check if this is what the original query was trying to achieve? I converted the image to B&W as described and then very crudely grabbed an adjustment brush and moved the saturation slider to 100% on the 2 areas of colour

Thanks for the tip I have learnt something new

Comment

Thanks Muscat and Mark,

I would love to have a try right now but sadly, have to go to work!!

Paul

Comment

Working...
                X