Online retailer advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online retailer advice

Not sure if this is the place for this but I am wondering if anyone has used UK Digital Cameras. The girlfriend wants a camera and it is cheapest or at least the same as Camerabox but I have read bad things about Camerabox. I could get it from Ebuyer who I have used a few times before but it's £25 more. Any feedback would be appreciated
    Mark
    EOS 650D & EF-S 18-55mm, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM, Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC US, Tamron 28-105mm F/4-5.6, Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II

Re: Online retailer advice

I have heard so many horror stories from on-line retailers, that I don't bother to gamble. You need to :

a Get the goods within a reasonable time from when they take your money.

b Hope to hell nothing goes wrong, because if it does, you are in for a whole can full of whoopass!

Colin
    Colin

Comment

I have bought all my cameras from the local Jessops, usually picking the right time when there is an offer and I dont think i have ever paid much more than the price offered by the best online retailers. The one exception is Dee got here 7D from Camerabox and it was a nightmare..never again

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

I got my 50d from Jessop, the 5dII from Park Cameras. Most of my lens and speedlights from MPB - just the 5d, 135 and nifty 50 off eBay from known sellers

My two Lastolite Tilthead Ubmbrella kits came from Premier-Ink as did my Luminex Softbox
        Last edited by briansquibb; 23-11-2010, 10:01.
        ef-r

Comment

Cheers gents, problem is she wants a bridge camera from a manufacturer I best not mention here but begins with K lol. I used to have one pre dslr and she liked it before I sold it so limited who stocks it but will avoid camerabox fir sure
          EOS 650D & EF-S 18-55mm, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM, Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC US, Tamron 28-105mm F/4-5.6, Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II

Comment

Ive used CameraBox and they were Brilliant and delivered on Time
            I think to many People ScareMonger and dont put comments based on there experiences

Comment

They certainly have a good customer rating LINK
              Also looking on their site they have video clips of them on SKY news and BBC News so I would have no hesitation buying from UK Digital Cameras.

As for buying on line, maybe I'm lucky or just careful but never had a problem from the places I've bought goods from. Your doing the right thing in asking, as I was about to buy from one store until I checked on some forums and the place got slated.
              I always check they have a physical address, and I can find it on Goggle street view.

Comment

Working...
              X