Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disaster at Elliott Towers!!!

Hi All,

Disaster strikes at Elliott Towers, send donations and foodparcels for Christmas!!!!

I have knocked over my Tripod with the 50D and 24 - 70mmL on it!!!!

I thought it was all ok, everything seemed to be working and then I discovered the lens would not Zoom, it is locked solid.

I have removed from body and that was very stiff also, other lenses go on OK.

Have telephoned Lehmans, thinking I could drop it in there for repair, tied in with a work day, they quoted £162 + Parts, I then called the Canon Centre at Ellstree and their quote was £102 including parts as a set price for a repair for this specific lens.

Therefore I have packed and parcelled it away with insured post this afternoon with a promised 7 - 10 day turnround.

I will let you know how they perform.

I will post my address for Cash and Food Parcels when the pledges for help start coming in!!!

Just when I thought I had got permission from the Financial Controller to buy a new Monitor!!!

I am normally a Miserable Old Git anyway without this happening!!!!...........Bah Humbug

Re: Disaster at Elliott Towers!!!

Oh dear ... bad luck. I know what my Financial Controller would have said !!!!

Let us all know how Elstree perform.

Comment

ouch!
      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
      Di's Flickr

Comment

Ouch I am sorry about that, I hope Santa can be convinced that you have been a good boy and can still have the monitor

Comment

I have some old rusty razor blades that can be used for slowly slitting of wrists.
          Maybe open that bottle of Scotch that you had been keeping for a "special" occasion..think you deserve it.

According to my wife and 14 year old daughter I am the miserablist old git in the UK so maybe we should form a MOG Club.

David
          David

Comment

I dropped my 135 when on holiday in France. SWMBO realised very quickly that a repair was cheaper than a replacement. The repair was 130 and included a full clean and adjustment.
            ef-r

Comment

Ouch ...I think David has the right idea...stay drunk till you get you gear back...withdrawal symptoms will start in a few days,it starts with sweatting followed by dilation of the pupils,then comes the shakes.,you may find yourself picking up objects and placing them over one of your eyes and saying`click`...it will pass.hang in there we are all praying for you.

Also Dave can I join your club.??

Coda
              There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

I've heard some tall stories in my time; but this really pushes the limit of credibility

Sign me up for MOG club as well
                I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
                Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Originally posted by djguk47 View Post

According to my wife and 14 year old daughter I am the miserablist old git in the UK so maybe we should form a MOG Club.

David
                  ... and you wear that hat ....

Is it true you are Rolf Harris' love child??

ef-r

Comment

David

Comment

Cheque and food parcels in the post.

Colin
                      Colin

Comment

Hi! Paul, sorry to hear about your mishap. Can happen to anyone. I suppose as we get older we have to be careful where we put our legs and feet. Now that I know that I won't be laughed at, I remember asking SWMBO to find a nice sunny seat whilst I bought the drinks (in Symonds YAT). So she did find a nice place and sat down and I bought the drinks, with my camera holdall hanging on my shoulder, with my camera dangling around my neck and I was balancing the tray with the drinks; lo and behold the camera bag on my should started to slip and when I tried to balance myself, the tray with the drinks toppled over and fell breaking the glasses as well. Fortunately no damage to my photographic equipment. My only expense was to buy another round of drinks with my photographic holdall and camera safely with SWMBO.

So paul we all do some stupid things in life and more so during the Senior moments.
                        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Blimey Paul, I feel for you!
                          in the mean time, alcohol is definitely the answer until it returns!!!!
                          David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
                          All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

Paul, it was good to hear that I am not the only one who does STUPID THINGS!!!
                            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Paul, what bad luck - there but for the grace of God.........! Not sure if it's worse being one's own fault, or better to blame someone else!!
                              I hope the repair will be successful and not too painful on the purse. Don't think I should add to the alcohol advice - but you know it makes sense!!

Comment

Working...
                              X