500d, 50d or5d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

500d, 50d or5d

Hello, I am about to upgrade my old 300d. I have got good IS lenses but now want a better camera. My budget is £500 max and I aim to buy second hand from ebay. I think I would with patience be able to get the 5dmark onr and the 50d I think it is really between them two. I do a lot of wild life photography, birds, mammals and macro work and some general scenery. nothing in a studio.

So am I right that the 50d is more suited to that and the advantages of the full frame 5d would not benifit me so much also more megapixels with the 50d?

I wellcome your thoughts

Re: 500d, 50d or5d

You will be lucky to get a 5d for £500 - going price is about £600 - the picture quality from a 5d is better than that of the 50d

I woud think a 40d/50d would be the best option considering what you want to take pictures of

Brian
    ef-r

Comment

Hello Alan and welcome to the Forum.

If birds and wildlife are your priority, then the 50D is the one for you.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

Now a proud owner or a 50D and starting to get to grips with it. Thanks again, Alan.

Comment

Nice, enjoy

Comment

Enjoy. I still have fun with my 'old' 40D.

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
              Enjoy. I still have fun with my 'old' 40D.
              lol, and a superb camera it is

Comment

Hi and welcome.

Coda
                There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Waterman View Post
                  Now a proud owner or a 50D and starting to get to grips with it. Thanks again, Alan.
                  Alan, Well done you will enjoy the 50D.
                  Now get hold of the Digital Field Guide for the 50D by Charlotte Lowrie from Amazon and put the Canon User manual back in the box for a rainy day.

David
                  David

Comment

From another 50D user welcome to the forum you will enjoy the camera

Comment

Good recomendation thanks I got the book from amazon and it is very usefull thanks again Alan

Comment

Working...
                      X