Huge round of applause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge round of applause

I think a huge round of applause should go to a dealer who, for me went way beyond the call of duty with their honesty.
    I enquired about a totally frivolous purchase telling them why I wanted it and my current kit that I own. Now, they could quite easily have sold me what I wanted and I would have been happy. Instead, they pointed me in another direction and, accepting their wisdom, was prepared to go with their suggestion. However when I said, OK, I'll do that, they informed me that they no longer stocked the item and would probably not be having any more in stock! As I have said, that is honesty way beyond the call of duty!!!!

The dealer in question?....... Wilkinson Cameras.
    Last edited by collywobbles; 06-02-2011, 14:34. Reason: Forgot something!

Re: Huge round of applause

Wilkinson have always had a good reputation.

Just out of interest, what did you want and what alternative did they recommend?

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Agreed, Sara (and Andrew before her) at Wilkinsons Southport (nee Waddingtons) know what customer service is. Even when MrsBear wanted a PandS they gave her lots of help.

Comment

Hi Colin C. from another Colin C!
        I was enquiring about a totally frivolous purchase of the new Tamron 70-300mm. I don't really need it but wanted it because my 70-200 isn't long enough on my 5D Mk II and my Sigma 120-400mm is too big and heavy to take on holiday abroad. What they suggested, and what I had already thought of was the 1.4x II extender which I have always thought of as expensive for what it is. - Fairly simple construction, no motors for focusing ( even smaller than a nifty-fifty!) And the Mk III just too ridiculous a price to even consider, no mattr how good it is.
        I did, however, decide to go down the 1.4x route and got one for £220.00. Wilkinson's said they don't have any in stock and not likely to be having any.
        They often have some amazing offers on; they were recently selling 430 EX II flash guns for £149!!!

Comment

Very sound advice and it works really well with the 70 - 200mm. If fact, you would be hard pushed to detect any difference in quality, whether it was fitted or not. Good for Wilkinsons, most would have sold you the Tamron and taken their commission.

Colin

P.S. Collywobbles was once my family nickname.
          Colin

Comment

Late reply; I've been in hospital. Yes, my thoughts exactly. And "Collywobbles" was my Mother's nickname for me.

Comment

I brought my new tripod in Wilkinsons ( Burnley )..going back into the shop a few days later I was informed my tripod is now reduced in price.The manager went into the computor and found my purchase and refunded me the difference ( £20 ) I think this is a call beyond duty.

Coda
              There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Originally posted by codachrome View Post
                I brought my new tripod in Wilkinsons ( Burnley )..going back into the shop a few days later I was informed my tripod is now reduced in price.The manager went into the computor and found my purchase and refunded me the difference ( £20 ) I think this is a call beyond duty.

Coda

On those grounds you might want to be careful going into the shop after something you bought there has gone up.
                Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Originally posted by Oggie View Post
                  On those grounds you might want to be careful going into the shop after something you bought there has gone up.
                  Sound advice Oggie,,,the staff at our wilkoinsons would not do that...we as a club even get 10% of paper and memory cards...One is a member They advertise all our events an we advertise them on our website and sylabus.

Coda
                  There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Originally posted by codachrome View Post
                    Sound advice Oggie,,,the staff at our wilkoinsons would not do that...we as a club even get 10% of paper and memory cards...One is a member They advertise all our events an we advertise them on our website and sylabus.

Coda
                    Where do you get the other 90% from? - I think I'm being a little pedantic here. Did you mean you get 10% OFF?

Comment

Working...
                    X