Micro adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micro adjustment

I have heard so much about micro adjustments elsewhere in this forum and I will be grateful if some one will explain it to me.Is this done on the lens or camera or on both and how is it done?

Thanks
    Nathaniel
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Micro adjustment

Hi Nathaniel,

Basically you are able to adjust where the camera focuses in relation to the sensor. what happens is the camera focuses then either goes past that point or comes back from it. It's only fractions but enough to stop a picture being sharp. what you are doing in effect is telling the camera to put the focus point back where it should be.
    Hope this very basic description helps....someone will be along with a better description of what happens and how to do it!!!

Comment

Hello Nathaniel

Just about all of Canon's semi Pro and Pro cameras will have a micro adjust custom function. The following is a pretty good article covering all of the basics and a test card to print out. A4 is a bit small and I would recommend A3. I use a different test card, but can't find a link to it at the moment.

Custom Function: Autofocus Micro adjustment | Canon 5D tips

Colin
      Colin

Comment

On camera Nathaniel

And you can set a different one for each lens if you need to.
        5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

Working...
        X