Image-recording quality query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image-recording quality query

Can someone please explain why the image-recording quality defaults to Large in the fully automatic shooting modes on my 450D, despite it being set in the menu for Medium?
    I took some football shots the other day using the Sports setting and I was surprised to find they were showing Large. I can't find any reference to this in the user guide.

Thanks

Deva
    EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Re: Image-recording quality query

I know that RAW is not selectable in the 'Basic Zone' (which includes the fully auto 'green rectangle') but didn't think it switched to Large. So if you select L in Sports mode. Take a picture. Go to Av (in the 'Creative Zone'). Does it remember L? Then go back to Sports mode ... still L? Now go to Av and select Medium. Take a picture. Back to Sports mode ... what does it show L or M?

As you say the manual doesn't give a hint (I've checked the PDF) ... but I suspect this must be standard behaviour.

Comment

Re: Image-recording quality query

MX5
      I have done as you advised and when I selected M in the Sports mode it stayed there even after going to Av. I have no idea what was going on, but you seem to have solved the puzzle.
      Many thanks for your advice.

Deva
      EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

Working...
      X