Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are forum members satisfied with PhotoBooks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are forum members satisfied with PhotoBooks?

I casually came across PhotoBooks after some Weddings or parties, never anything else like Projects, special trips etc. So I had a go, and assembled some Railway photos taken in 2010 with a lot of text and had it all published by ALDI Photo at a reasonable £14 in a softcover with photo/text on the front and back and 26 pages filled. It arrived in about 5 days, and the quality was excellent, no concerns whatsoever - but they had made a slight error in includind a useless plain white sheet at the back. Being ple4ased i then assembled a Wedding book for a family member and ordered 4 - duly arrived perfect - except once again a spare blank sheet at the rear.
    Aldi took ages to admit that it was not my fault or their faul - it is standard, no reason given as to why.
    I've done research with other companies, and two have admitted that they also include a blank page in all issues - nobody says why! Some four other possible companies have failed to answer me.
    Here I will expand, and say I use downloaded software from these companies (my preference to online working), and that I seek soft covers, about 26 to say 40 pages, at a reasonable charge, and use them for short to long photograpic collections.
    I have a gut feeling that the software originates from one source, but is cosmetically modified for use by (possibly) eight or so companies - looking at the way these programs work I'm fairly confident that I'm correct.

Do you as members use these facilities?
    Are you pleased?
    Any comments anyone can add would be welcomed.

I've just joined the Forum, sorry for such a lengthy posting.

Regards to you all
    Myrddin Jones

Re: Are forum members satisfied with PhotoBooks?

Hi Myrddin,

Welcome to the Forum.

I've used iPhoto a number of times for both Photobooks & a few calendars.

Outstanding quality, great service, albeit not the cheapest. Oh, and you need a Mac.

No blank sheets either.
    “If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac.” Larry David
    "Go ahead and play The Blues if it'll make you happy". Homer J. Simpson
    "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
    "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

EOS 5D, 24-105L, 430EXII, G11

Comment

Hi Myriddin...I use Photobox and no blank pages to date.

Coda
      There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Hello Myrddin and welcome to the Forum.

A very interesting first post. I am very interested in using one of these companies and to be honest, I should have got off my backside and tried one ages ago, but never got around to it.

I will be most interested in how this thread develops.

Colin
        Colin

Comment

A friend of mine regularly uses Photobox to produce themed photo books.

Main trick he uses is to produce each page in its entirety with CS5 so that the ‘publisher’ doesn’t do anything strange with fonts and font sizes. I think the first one he did many years ago didn’t come out as intended so that’s why he produces ‘photo ready pages’ himself.

I’ve seen a few and the quality is top notch as is the presentation. I use Photobox for calendars.

Comment

Problems with LOG IN, so will withdraw for now - sorry to you all

Comment

I used two of these budget processors for photobooks. Snapfish by HP and Photobox - Photobox clear winners imho.
              Trev

Comment

Working...
              X