Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What photography articles should I write for my site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What photography articles should I write for my site?

To get my website ‘Railway Photography’ higher up in Google it seems that I need to have a blog and do some writing.

What sort of articles do you think I should write?

Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Colin

I have no experience of writing blogs but do read them from a variety of sources, not all connected with railways or photography.
    I think the trick is to provide what the reader wants and to make them keep coming back to see what you've been doing.
    It'll be tough going to keep adding new material.

The most popular & interesting blogs to me are those that inform and stimulate me to try something similar.
    I suppose blogs are the modern version of the books we bought on the subjects that interested us. I have a library of Railway Photography books although it's not a subject I do a lot!

Your website is good, informative with details of where photos were taken & some great pictures.
    Maybe the articles should explain why you were there, what you saw & some background details, maybe the Exif information, all written in a friendly way.
    You could also post 'teasers' of where you are going next, always assuming we'll ever get out again!

I don't envy you one bit,

Bob

Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Colin, I have no experience whatsoever of writing Blogs. I did however write a weekly wildlife column for a publication every week for twenty five years with various pictures. My approach was to give it a diary feel - where I'd been, what I'd been up too, what I've seen etc. Information on the subjects covered. I used to do in the region of 600 words a week, sometimes I would find it easy, knock it out in an hour or so, other times I would struggle. Perhaps you could go down this road, where you've been what trains you've seen, history of the train the line etc. Sorry can't be more helpful
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Colin, I write an irregular blog (www.cairngormslife.com) which is mainly nature, weather & local events. I find it just flows on what I can find to photograph. Get on & try it, it is fun.
        Dave

Comment

I like your blog Dave...I recognise a lot of the pictures of course and your words give extra context.
          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thank you all for your advice and comments
            Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Working...
            X