Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing and colour blind

Hi all

so a couple of questions sort of linked.

anyone using an R5/R6, what are you using for raw editing? Having used PS/LR for a good few years, but as well documented the results are not great with the new EOS R,s. Have tried the new DXO raw file software into LR but results seem too sharp. Now trialing DXO photo 4, anyone got any recommendations? Or what are your workflows?

On to my next question, I am colourblind and find editing a challenge to say the least, I try to get as much right in camera but that’s not always possible, so is there any software that gives good results using some kind of AI/Auto buttons? I mainly shoot birds/wildlife.

thanks Gary
    EOS R5, SIGMA 150 - 600 SPORT LENS...And plenty of dreams

There's an Auto Tone button in the basic panel in Lightroom Classic.
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Hi Peter, thanks for your reply, have you tried this and what were your thoughts on its accuracy or ability?

Thanks Gary

Comment

With regard to the raw editing, have you tried the Canon DDP4 program? Might be worth a try as it I believe the algorithms used match those in canon cameras.

Ian
        Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Hi Ian, after trying a few different software's using trials and the help of my son doing the comparisons, I have concluded without doubt DDP4 is the best, shame the program is terrible to use. I watched a fantastic YouTube vid last night that went through it, very interesting.

Gary

Comment

Working...
          X