Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't know whether I should be annoyed or flattered!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know whether I should be annoyed or flattered!

'Kozmic' Ken was the man who conceived, was a leading light in organising and acted as 'master of ceremonies' of Kozfest, a small music festival that I've attended for years. Ken sadly died last year and was so well thought of that the organisers commissioned this commemorative painting of him.

However, the background is more than just a general view of the festival but an exact copy of one of my photos posted on the festival photographer's Facebook group.

I don't know if I should be annoyed or flattered but I am a little miffed that I don't have a credit nor was my permission sought. I won't be making a fuss over it, though - especially as it was dear Ken who invited me to join the group to share my images.

Ken.JPG

Cheers,
    John
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I have always thought that "discretion" was your middle name John and this is certainly a time when that should be exercised.

Were this some commercial enterprise hijacking your image, then that would be a different story, but I think your relaxed approach exactly fits the bill.

Think of it like wetting your pants in a dark suit - it gives you a nice warm feeling, but no-one else knows.
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Fully agree with John's comment above.
      I have a similar situation, a picture I took way back in the 'film days' is still used on the front cover of an 'In House' magazine.
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Working...
      X