Image Numbering Mystery...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image Numbering Mystery...

Can anyone suggest what happened here please?

Attached is a snip from the file listing of shots I took at this weekend's Torbay Airshow which, as you'll see, jumped from 5D3_8255 to 9295 but, while 9295 is a blank (itself a mystery), 9296 is clearly a continuation of the display as it's the same aircraft. I can't have shot and lost 140 images in the intervening four minutes so what happened?

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
    John

Image Number Mystery.jpg

Very odd behaviour

When I had my EOS-R it started to change menu settings on me between shots, for instance it once changed the aspect ratio to 4:3 and removed the jpeg file. No notice you just saw that things had changed! This sounds like a variation on that. Never found the cause so I have no idea if it was S/W related or not . Pointless sending it for repair because it was very intermittent

Ian
    Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Card issue maybe?

I had an SD card in my 650D that appeared to have problems with file numbering, file saving and even appeared to change the camera settings from raw to small jpeg on at least one occasion. in the end I chucked it away.

I once had an issue similar to yours with my N***n D50 - when I downloaded the images from a day's shoot there was a gap in the numbers but in this case I swear that images had gone missing as well. Never got to the bottom of it and it never happened again - just one of those electronic hiccups I guess...
      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Was the card fully erased? I've had a couple of numbering sequence errors when autochanging from one card to another and the file/folders have not been properly erased/prepared.

Comment

Thaks for the replies, folks.

Still no idea what happened but I have taken the precaution of buying four new cards in case that was the issue.

Cheers,
          John

Comment

4 minutes - did you accidently take a short video clip? other than that I am out of ideas, sorry
            .DAVID.
            Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Working...
            X