Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smallrig battery

Looks quite interesting
    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

No need for charger when on holiday/travel. handy. wish i saw this before buying a new battery...
    Steve

We're a' Jock Tamson's bairns ;)

Flickr

EOS R, RF 24-105 L, 70D EF 18-55mm IS, EF 75-300mm, EF10-18mm IS STM & Nifty 50 STM.

Comment

Like to see them get that battery into a 5D and work though... The 5D takes BP511 batteries...
      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

I have a couple of these: < here >.

They're a safe (enclosed) means of carrying a couple of batteries plus SD cards with the benefit of also being a multi-socket USB power bank.

While they're not Canon branded they work OK for me.

Incidentally, if a battery is just not holding its charge (as opposed to not charging at all) it means that the cells are on the way out but they can be replaced. Perhaps not everyone would want to but my son-in-law has a business repairing lithium battery packs (from e-bikes, mobility scooters, etc.) and he replaced the cells in a couple of my LPE6s (one Canon, one clone) using higher capacity ones thereby increasing the number of shots possible. If it won't charge at all it means that the BMS (Battery Management System) has failed and it's not repairable.

Cheers,
        John

Comment

ETA: I bought a barely used Neewer version if this for £20 from ebay for my holidays. it well outlasted my current batteries performance and I didn’t need to use them on my trip. At one point i thought the battery level was wrong - still displaying full. To be fair 1 came with my camera so i don’t know its use/age, but I bought a more expensive (than the Neewer) 3rd party battery as a backup and the Neewer outperformed it.

The charger that came with my setup isn’t that big but made a difference travelling. it’s really handy being able to charge the battery with the type C in car etc. Don’t know if Neewer is a good brand or how long it will last - but it’s so handy!

Steve

We're a' Jock Tamson's bairns ;)

Flickr

EOS R, RF 24-105 L, 70D EF 18-55mm IS, EF 75-300mm, EF10-18mm IS STM & Nifty 50 STM.

Comment

Working...
          X