What A Plonker David.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What A Plonker David.

Went into Edinburgh yesterday, decided to take the Park and Ride, went in the covered car park, took my camera and case out of the car put it on the roof of the car, got the wife's bag out, shut the boot and went to the bus. Left the camera on the roof and was gone when I got back. Very annoyed and sad with myself. Insurance will pay up with £150 excess for me. Canon 7d plus 10-18 and nifty fifty for sale somewhere.

Oh dear! sorry to hear that. i done a similar thing with my phone but it was handed into ticket office. im guessing you tried that with no luck... comiserations.
    Steve

We're a' Jock Tamson's bairns ;)

Flickr

EOS R, RF 24-105 L, 70D EF 18-55mm IS, EF 75-300mm, EF10-18mm IS STM & Nifty 50 STM.

Comment

David, That is sad, hope the insurance come up trumps was it a 7D plus 10-18mm or R3 plus RF 600mm

Honest Trev
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

How awful - there but for fortune...........
        John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Oh dear David that's a sad tale, somebody thought they had more right to it than you.
          Peter

Feel free to browse my
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Sorry to hear that David, it’s so easily done. Sadly a lot of people are not honest enough to hand it in

Ian
            Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Oh David, I am so sorry. It makes you feel physically sick when you realise where your bag/camera is & you can’t get back fast enough.
              It is very sad no one was honest and handed it in.

Did just the same thing with a handbag on the car roof once but luckily for me it was still there, I felt ill.

Hope you get the insurance sorted out and replacement gear purchased quickly.

Trust you’ve not lost any photos on the sd card.

Rose.

Comment

Don’t suppose there were security cameras in the car park?
                Rose

Comment

I've done that, but with a cheapo film camera, but mine had some pictures of some decent fish I'd caught in it, it is so annoying, still remember it now and it was 40 years ago!!
                  Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

My sympathies - sad news indeed.

I did something similar many years ago; put my camera bag down in Chester Cathedral and wandered off without it. By the time I got back it too had gone and I thought that was it. Luckily it had been handed in to the cathedral office which was good news as I had no insurance in those days...
                    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Sad news David, I left a full camera bag in a hotel reception in Portugal - luckily it was handed in and held behind the desk for me.
                      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Working...
                      X