Printing Service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing Service?

I’m not ready to invest in my own printer and have been using Snapfish. I dont need a lot printed, the majority of pictures come back ok but some are heavily cropped 5 to 10mm – I make sure they are ok as .jpg and in the online uploader etc.

Its more than likely an automated process but having the top of heads, feet etc missing and not the exact image I wanted – is annoying. Plus, snapfish are pretty slow to deliver. I also have to trim some before they will fit in standard frames.

Any online recommends that are better?

Thanks

Steve
    Steve

We're a' Jock Tamson's bairns ;)

Flickr

EOS R, RF 24-105 L, 70D EF 18-55mm IS, EF 75-300mm, EF10-18mm IS STM & Nifty 50 STM.

Depending on the quality and quantity you want. I would have thought with the comparatively low price of Canon printers you would be better investing in your own rather than pay a third party. Plus you would have complete control over the final output
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

I did start looking into a good printer but I cant justify the cost at the moment, not for a few prints monthly etc. I built a man cave and added a “wall of shame” with 40ish framed prints – some from my own images. That’s now complete so I just need a few here and there.

The prints are ok for the man cave but im doing gradual home improvements and will want to replace pictures I have about my home, I would like better quality here.

I bough a photo printer years ago – it just didn’t print the quality as advertised. I still have it but wouldn’t use it for prints - Epson XP520 – but works as a home printer.

So, im looking high/best quality up to A4 but they have to actually be printed as they look on online template/display etc.
      Steve

Flickr

EOS R, RF 24-105 L, 70D EF 18-55mm IS, EF 75-300mm, EF10-18mm IS STM & Nifty 50 STM.

Comment

How many prints have you sent off to be processed, then see how much each copy costs you. A reasonable Canon printer can be purchased for £100-150. Keep the prints you want in your camera or memory card , work out what each of those prints cost you with snap fish and put that money away. Won’t be long before you can buy your own printer. “Simples”.

Comment

Its only pennies per print and they always have a deal on, extra free prints etc. postage is where they make money though – and they aren’t great. So, I suppose you guys are right - but I though good printers were £400+ and the inks expensive!

What models are good for what I need and ill have another look.

Thanks guys

edit: id need an all in 1. we do use our scanner on current printer and id want to replace it
          Last edited by Glezga; 16-09-2023, 08:57.
          Steve

Flickr

Comment

Go on line or visit somewhere like PC World who normally have a good selection on display
            Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Thanks, anyone have recommendations. The last photo printer I bought wasn’t very good – that’s why I print them online. Id rather not do that again and the online reviews said it was great.
              Steve

Flickr

Comment

I have this printer which will print up to A3+, probably around £240 to buy CanonPixma iP8750
                It does produce good quality printed images, though it isn't an all in one.
                But printing good quality images is not an easy process, some user issues I see online are questions like "why are my prints so dark", generally this is due to the user comparing the image on their PC/MAC screen to the printed image generally they haven't calibrated the screen so the screen is far too bright. It's a bit like comparing apples and pears.
                As with all things around our photographic hobby there's an associated learning curve, printing has a big learning curve.
                Even though I have the capability to print at home, I do use a lab for some prints. Have a look at the following link which is to the company I use and would recommend for online printing, especially how to prepare your image before sending it to their lab for printing.

I hope this helps
                Last edited by ST-EOS; 16-09-2023, 18:14. Reason: Smelling mistake rectified
                Peter

Feel free to browse my
                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

That’s really helpful, thanks for that. It’s probably why I found my last printer useless! Ill need to do a lot more research before I make any decisions.
                  Steve

Flickr

Comment

Just some additional information, for anyone who is serious about printing their digital images, I would recommend having a read of this book.

Digital Print, The: Preparing Images in Lightroom and Photoshop for Printing author Jeff Schewe.

Peter

Feel free to browse my
                    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

You could also try Loxley colour https://www.loxleycolour.com/

They are based in Cumbernauld
                      Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Working...
                      X