Editing Monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing Monitors

Hi, I need to replace an old PC monitor. I'm looking at 27", 4k suitable for Photoshop, non-professional use. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you....

Hi Paul, I'm not sure that you actually need a 4k monitor for Photoshop or any other image editing software packages. Personally I'm a fan of the Benq monitors, my current monitor is a Benq SW270C. Though previously I used a couple of 24" Dell monitors in a dual screen arrangement.
    Heres a link to the current Benq monitors for photographers. Hopefully others on here may chip in with their thoughts.

BenQ PhotoVue Monitors for color experts, what you see is what you get
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

I have a Dell 27” 4K….I used their on line support for recommendations to use with my Dell laptop.
      But I mostly use my Macbook Pro and its own screen
      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

I’ve since chosen a Dell 27” 4k. Still getting used to it, but pleased with the result so far!
        Shipping with just 1 metre usb A/A and usb A/C cables is a bit daft, though!

Comment

I have recently worked with a Dell 27" monitor with one of my students. I had to calibrate it as the colour accuracy was well off. After calibration it was acceptable although had slightly disappointing Adobe RGB performance.
          Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Hi
            I have a 27 inch Eizo monitor and its excellent as a bonus its self colour calibrates at times you set.

Comment

Hi everyone
              I did go ahead with the Dell 27" 4K monitor. Very pleased with it so far, but I'm still setting up - so much better than my old Asus. My daughter now has the Asus as a second screen for her laptop.

Comment

I have friends with that monitor and they are delighted with the performance.

A few years ago I had a discussion with an expert on screens and TV's, it was when I was looking to buy a new TV and was unsure how big to go. His advice was don't go as big as you can, just go as big as you need. In short, much depends on your seeting position and how far you are away from your screen. Sitting too close to too large a screen and you can't take in the whole view, so you end up following the action by looking all over the screen, often resulting in neck strain, headaches and eyestrain. As a rough guide, your area of total concentration is the size of your fist at arms length, plus some sensible allowance for peripheral vision.

I asked his advice for a computer monitor and he immediately said 27" as the ideal. Nothing smaller than 24" or larger than 32"
                Colin

Comment

Working...
                X