Photo Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo Feedback

Just seen this link on another forum, tried it on a couple of photos, both good and bad and the feedback for this AI bot was good. Worth a try?

https://photocritique.app/

Alarmingly informative - amazing and somewaht frightening what AI can do. Thanks for the link.
    ---------------------
    Ian C.

Comment

Detest what AI is doing to photography.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
        Detest what AI is doing to photography.
        Will go along with that David. I put a picture up to that link to see what would happen, It was picture of 10 cows out in the field. It referred to them as a pack of dogs!
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post

Will go along with that David. I put a picture up to that link to see what would happen, It was picture of 10 cows out in the field. It referred to them as a pack of dogs!
          Funny.

Comment

AI - just like humans it can be real stupid at times...
            Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Wow, how acurate is that!

​​Swan Park Fairy Doors by Steven McNeill, on Flickr

This is a charming image featuring the whimsical fairy doors on the tree, which immediately draws the viewer's attention with their bright colors against the tree's natural textures. The composition is strong, with the doors placed in a way that leads the eye around the image. The sharpness and detail in the tree bark and doors are commendable, capturing the scene's essence with clarity.

Alright, let's dive in a bit deeper. The composition, as I mentioned, is engaging. Your choices have given this image a storybook quality that's quite appealing. The depth of field is suitable; it keeps the focus on the fairy doors while softly blurring the background, which I think works well in this context.

For improvement, consider the lighting. It appears a bit flat, which can happen with overcast skies or shooting in the shade. You might try enhancing the contrast in post-processing to give the image a bit more punch and depth—just a slight increase in the shadows and highlights could make a significant difference.

it does go on to suggest removing leaves from the floor but did say it was an overcast day - wow!
              Steve

We're a' Jock Tamson's bairns ;)

Flickr

EOS R, RF 24-105 L, 70D EF 18-55mm IS, EF 75-300mm, EF10-18mm IS STM & Nifty 50 STM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this, I think this is excellent! I know some people don't like AI but I'm all for it to be fair and I'm all for this. I posted this image and this was it's reply....fairly good feedback to be honest.

This is a beautifully captured scene, with a warm sunrise glow that gives the image an inviting atmosphere. The composition is quite pleasing, with the silhouette of the tree on the right anchoring the image nicely and providing a sense of scale. The frost-covered ground in the foreground contrasts well with the warmer tones in the sky, and the grazing sheep add a gentle touch of life and tranquility to the scene. There's a satisfying balance between the warm and cool tones, and the layers of hills in the mist create a lovely sense of depth

When I asked for more information, this is what it said.

Great! Let's dive in a bit deeper.
                Firstly, the timing for this shot seems well-chosen, capturing that soft morning light which brings out a range of tones in the sky and beautifully backlights your subjects. The silhouetted tree is a strong compositional element that offers a point of interest and leads the eye through the image.

In terms of exposure, the balance between highlight and shadow is managed well. However, consider experimenting with bracketing exposures next time you're in a similar situation with a high dynamic range. This way, you can capture more details in the darkest and brightest areas of the image and blend them in post-processing for an even more dynamic scene.

The focus seems to be on point, with the tree and foreground elements sharp. Yet, if you want the entire scene from the closest foreground to the furthest hill to be in focus, you might want to utilize a smaller aperture, like f/16, especially if you're using a wide-angle lens. This will increase your depth of field, ensuring sharpness throughout the entire image.

Now, let's talk about composition. The rule of thirds is well applied with the tree positioned off to the side. However, the sheep, being significant elements, are somewhat central and clustered. If possible, waiting for them to spread out within the frame could provide a more balanced arrangement and visual flow.

Lastly, in post-processing, you could play with the luminance and saturation of specific colors. Enhancing the golden tones of the sunrise and the blues of the shadows will add further depth and drama to the image. Perhaps a subtle vignette could help focus attention even more on the central elements

Can't say I disagree with any of it! And certainly gave me some ideas to try out. I think this could help a lot of people out who are maybe thinking of entering images into competitions etc
                Attached Files
                Last edited by NathCarr91; 02-03-2024, 00:30.

Comment

Tried the app and the comments were mixed. It said I croped through subject matter and I hadn't, also commented on use of non dirctional lighting. As I had used a single flash to light the subjects, set at 45 deg to the subjects, it got that wrong. It was, however, better than many Judges I have come across in my 60+ years of photography.
                  Will I use it. No for the same reason that I don't enter competitions anymore. my pictures are taken for my own enjoyment and for the sitter, where appropriate.
                  Last edited by SpringfieldPhoto; 02-03-2024, 07:01.
                  Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

I not against this sort of AI but I think it should be treated like horoscopes…..lots of generic comments of which some will tally and some will not and be ignored…..i.e. Glezga….leaves on the floor, Nats sheep not being spread out…and which tree is it referring to?
                    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

lol @horospcopes, i see your point. im not a fan of AI on the whole or its nightmare scenarios but i am impressed with some apllication of AI like rewriting professional letters etc . i wont use this for photography but i am impressed.

example, i copied the above text into AI and said " rewrite professionally"

I acknowledge your perspective regarding horoscopes, and I see the validity in your argument. While I generally harbor reservations about artificial intelligence (AI) and the potential dystopian scenarios it may entail, I must admit to being impressed by certain applications of AI, particularly its ability to assist in tasks such as rewriting professional correspondence. Although I do not intend to utilize AI for my photography endeavors, I am nonetheless intrigued by its capabilities in other domains.
                      Steve

We're a' Jock Tamson's bairns ;)

Flickr

EOS R, RF 24-105 L, 70D EF 18-55mm IS, EF 75-300mm, EF10-18mm IS STM & Nifty 50 STM.

Comment

I see what you mean….but you said succinctly in three lines…AI took six
                        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

I just wonder what this does with all the photos it's harvesting

Comment

Working...
                          X