Tethered Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tethered Photography

Evening, I'm looking for some advice on tethered photography and the software. I have a Canon 550D and a Windows 11 laptop. I thought, wrongly that the EOS utility would work with this set up. It did when I had a Windows 7 set up but it would appear that Canon no longer support software to run on Windows 11 and my 550D. Can anyone recommend a free or cheap software that would allow my to tether the laptop for the few studio sessions I do with my grandsons in a year.

Also, whilst I had installed the EOS utility It hasn't fully uninstall and continues to load on start up. Any clues as to how to uninstall as it's not listed in the program files now??? Thanks in advance

Originally posted by Dobbin26 View Post
    Evening, I'm looking for some advice on tethered photography and the software. I have a Canon 550D and a Windows 11 laptop. I thought, wrongly that the EOS utility would work with this set up. It did when I had a Windows 7 set up but it would appear that Canon no longer support software to run on Windows 11 and my 550D. Can anyone recommend a free or cheap software that would allow my to tether the laptop for the few studio sessions I do with my grandsons in a year.

Also, whilst I had installed the EOS utility It hasn't fully uninstall and continues to load on start up. Any clues as to how to uninstall as it's not listed in the program files now??? Thanks in advance
    Can't help with the first part of your question but in relation to the incomplete uninstall, it might be worth trying a re-install of the utility and then uninstalling it again. If that fails, you can always prevent it loading at start-up by going to Settings - Apps - Startup and selecting Off for the program.
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Working...
    X