EOS 50D - Where has it gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOS 50D - Where has it gone

When I was looking to go digital I wanted a semi-pro camera so opted for the 50D.

I did not really take much interest in the photographic scene so just took general shots. Then earlier this year my interest started to spark once again.

I now read photo magazines again and is the reason I joined this forum, to talk photography. But where has the 50D gone, what has it been superseeded with, I seem to have missed that one!

Graham.

Re: EOS 50D - Where has it gone

Graham, the 50D was in effect superseeded by the 60D

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
      Graham, the 50D was in effect superseeded by the 60D
      Or given that the 50D slotted in the range just below the 5D mk2, has not it's place been taken by the 7D?
      Regards

Keith

My Flickr

Comment

The 7D is more sophisticated and adjustable than the 50D - more of an upgrade.
        ef-r

Comment

The 50D disappeared about a year ago just after I bought mine.
          Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Mine is now sold too
            ef-r

Comment

In hind sight maybe the 50D as a new release was a bad move as its performance was not much better (if at all) than the 40D...but it brought new features at the time.
              I love mine - but really yearn for a full frame as the 50D doesn't produce better results than my Olympus Pen - though the 6.5 frames a second and faster focus are much better on the 50D.
              Long live the 50D...... (until I get a full frame)
              Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Brian - the 5D mk1 is the cheap way to full frame - but I think you might not enjoy the experience after the 50D, even though the IQ is far better.

The 50D basically brought 15mp and microfocus. I found the IQ on the 50D to be excellent once the microfocus was adjusted.
                ef-r

Comment

Yes I think I've now decided to keep the 50D and L lenses and wait for a good 5D or 5DMkII and use these alongside my new Micro Four Thirds kit which I'm still enjoying so much that the big EOS doesn't get a look in.....might take it out in the morning though.
                  Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Working...
                  X