Photoshop Calendar Template.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photoshop Calendar Template.

I would like to print my own calendar for 2012 and in a magazine last year there was a good template. I was thinking there must be somewhere I could download an A4 PSD template for photoshop but have failed to find one... anyone spotted anything like this?

Regards
    Graydon
    Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
    EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Re: Photoshop Calendar Template.

I make a Calendar every year for friends and family. using photoshop I download the calendar from google images and make each page up using one of my images,

Peter
    There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Hi Graydon

What editing software are you using?
      Elements 9 has an A4 calendar project in the 'Create' menu, I don't know if any other versions of PSE or Photoshop have this.
      Colin

Kit - 550d, canon 18-135mm & 55- 250mm & 50mm 1.8, tamron 70-300mm VC USD

Comment

If you use GNU there are two or three calendar templates that you can download and save in your scripts. Not tried them yet myself, may give them ago.

I've also found a couple of calendar makers on line. hth.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by codachrome View Post
          I make a Calendar every year for friends and family. using photoshop I download the calendar from google images and make each page up using one of my images,

Peter
          Hi Peter,
          I fancy having a go at this also.

Do you just choose the calendar text layout and then download? How do you use your own pictures then ?
          Sorry if I am being a bit vague.. (My excuse is that it's Monday morning and my brain isn't working:) )
          Thanks
          Sandra
          “Seeing is not enough; you have to feel what you photograph” – Andre Kertesz
          http://smphotography.foliopic.com/

Comment

I forgot about this! sorry guys. After much searching I had a good think and created my own template in photoshop.
            1. I opened Microsoft Excel 2010.
            2. I created a calendar with a font Calibri 72pt - a single month, January
            3. I pasted the calendar into a new A4 photoshop document (white 300dpi) on one layer
            4. The new document is in portrait orientation, and the calendar I placed in the lower half
            5. I created a second layer with a black rectangle representing the aperture through which the picture will be seen in the top half of the document.*
            6. I now save that as January Portrait 2011
            7. I can now import another image into my January Portrait 2011 document
            8. Open both the calendar and the photo to import side by side using Windows | Arrange | Tile
            9. I then flatten the image to import to a single layer and drag to the calendar
            10. CAUTION: I then close the flattened image but say NO to save changes (I don't want to loose my multi-layered master copy)
            11. I then drag the layer containing the image to sit below layer containg the black aperture
            12. I then select the aperture layer and set the blending mode to Screen
            13. I can then move and re-size** the image so that it sits within the aperture
            14. Lots more you can do like copyright and Month Labels on different layers

* When creating the aperture you can experiment with different shapes, sizes, brushes, edges texture and styles
            ** Using Shift and ALT to keep the ratio the same

A little bit of work, but not as much as I thought. Also cheaper than buying a magazine with them in and more rewarding and flexible by doing your own.

Wow - written a lot again. This is better explained with an overhead projector, slides, handouts and whiteboard, but any questions I'll try to answer.

Also, I'm not a Photoshop guru and happy to hear a better way of doing this.

Anyway, I hope someone finds this useful.

Regards
            Graydon
            Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
            EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

Working...
            X