Help LED's on this photo please!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help LED's on this photo please!!!!!

I seen to have a problem with night photos again! But this time it is the high power/ super bright LED maker lights on the from of moderm trains. As you can see they reflect a bright green glow on the left front window screen!

What can i do to stop this??????

regards in advance

Chris
    Attached Files
    see ya later!

please look at my photos if your passing!

www.webshots.com/user/kachris66

Re: Help LED's on this photo please!!!!!

New one on me but night photography isn't my bag - so excuse the dumb questions

What sort of kit are you using - DSLR or something else?
    Are you using some kind of flash to freeze movement or is the train stationary?

I guess you may be able to get rid of this if you were at the same level as the lights which should be possible if you don't mind lying down!!

Probably doesn't help much so apols!

Comment

EOS 1000d 18-135mm canon lens, set up on a tripod using shutter release cable/button.

focal length 53.0mm ISO 100 time 1/4 sec open -1/3 stop------ but then put through DPP to brighten up!
      see ya later!

Comment

I'm not sure what I am actually seeing, but it looks like it is a light array on the side of the window? The fringing looks identical to the white and red lights, but it is the position in the image that is a problem. If it is an occasional problem I would go for the quick fix and clone it out, either completely or else try to dampen the brightness down a bit.

Comment

This is not the first time it has happen! I had it with the A1 pacific "Tornado" which again has lamps on the front with these bright LED's!
          see ya later!

Comment

A circular polariser might work, but it will probably need a tripod in lowlight, have you got a lenshood on?

P.s, that station looks familiar I'm sure I've worked there in the past where is it?
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/47830258@N08/

Comment

Hi Chris,

Night photography is all about light and the strange colours that they can cast, so if it is there make the most of it is my advice.

I can try and offer some advice, firstly I would go for the longest exposure you can get. 10-20 seconds would be good as this will bring out all the reflected light especially on the bright tracks. Secondly I would set up further back to give the train more of a setting, including the lighting from the station would help. Finally I would include something for forground interest, it can be something quite boring but it would help set the scene. Put another way photograph the scene with a train in it rather than photographing the train in a setting, if that makes sense.

Graham.

All this means nothing if you are simply trying to get a record shot of the train, if so why take it at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Loz :D View Post
                A circular polariser might work, but it will probably need a tripod in lowlight, have you got a lenshood on?

P.s, that station looks familiar I'm sure I've worked there in the past where is it?
                Rowley Regis on the Brum to Stourbridge line ! Have it on a tripod and a lens hood!
                see ya later!

Comment

If the train is stopped then try some HDR as that will allow a better dynamic range - expose for the lights - expose for the carriage - expose midway between the two others. Then use some HDR software and see what transpires.

Comment

Ok! I will try what you have suggested, I took this one as well on the night but still the same!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by trainspotter; 19-09-2011, 20:25.
                    see ya later!

Comment

Originally posted by trainspotter View Post
                      Rowley Regis on the Brum to Stourbridge line ! Have it on a tripod and a lens hood!
                      Ha! I'm there tomorrow night!

The only other thing I can think of is change the angle of the shot, LED's tend to be very directional so shooting a little more to the side may reduce the glare in the centre of the lens?
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/47830258@N08/

Comment

Working...
                      X